52lbs down!

Options
Just a brief history of me, I am a 29 year old woman from New Brunswick, Canada. My husband is a Canadian Forces Soldier who has done 3 tours to Afghanistan and 1 to Haiti. He is headed back to Afghanistan after christmas again :brokenheart:

I have one living son who is 4 1/2 years old and we have been trying to have another since he was 2. In that time we have lost 3 babies, the most traumatic being my Angel Jaxson Christopher who was born at 28 1/2 weeks in June 2010, he passed away the following day after a tough fight for his life. He was very sick, and just simply too good for this crappy world.

That was the hardest thing I have had to go through, and my consolation was cake, chocolate, coffee and grease! Made me feel great for all of 10 seconds. I have always been heavy since high school (roughly 200lbs ish) Then i moved in with my husband after university and my weight crept up to 240 when i got pregnant with my first son. It hovered around 560 after I had him and stayed that way until after Jaxson when it made its way up to 273, which has been my highest.
Last March my nanny passed away and it made me realize that while I do not have any health concerns (other than being obese, and losing babies though they say that is not connected) It would not always be that way.

March 17th I decided to change that. I started eating healthy, signed up for MFP, and started at the gym. I lost 17lbs in 3 weeks, it was an amazing feeling! Then I got pregnant again April 11th and I stopped the gym and eventually exercising. I lost that baby 9 weeks later.
July 4th I joined our local Biggest Loser Challenge here and WON on September 19th! I lost 23lbs and 18 inches in that challenge! I joined the most recent one, and 5 weeks in I am down 12 lbs so far!!!

I feel amazing, i have so much energy and life has taken on a new meaning!

I have noticed the loss in my clothes and others have said things, but looking at these two pictures really brought it all into perspective! I am just about halfway and have not even started toning yet so bare with me...I am shocked though, i typed my loss into a % of weight lost calculator and BOOM it spit 19.05 back at me!!! WOW I can not believe I lost that much after everything else I have had to deal with! Go me!!!

Here are pictures one from last fall when I ws at my heaviest, and 2 from today that my son took. When he looked at the one from last fall, he said "mommy, that must have been when Jaxson was in your belly..." Sadly, nope i was not pregnant at all...

273lbs. October 2010
Unknown.jpg

221lbs, October 2011
IMG_5876.jpg
IMG_5875.jpg

Replies

• EmYounginTonga
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing :) You should be so proud for I am so proud of you !!!!
    Keep going I believe in you
    Kimmy
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a rough go for you for sure!!

Congrats on your weight reduction and adopting a healthy lifestyle! You are doing great, and you look fabulous Mama!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    First of all, big hugs to you for what you've been through. You've had a lot of heartache in a relatively short period of time.

With that said, congrats, you look just wonderful! :flowerforyou:
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    Options
    AWESOME U GO MAMAZ!!
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yay....Go You !!!!
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yay....Go You !!!!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    First, I am so sorry for your losses. I've had my share of miscarriages and it was really hard on me as well.

Congrats to you on your weight loss so far! You look great and so happy! Keep up the great work!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the great work!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the great work!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl! You look awesome!!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your loss Aliciaberrette
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    My heart goes out to you for your losses. You are amazing, and so strong and you are doing a really great job! Keep it up, only good can come from it!

Lucy :)
  • canadianchick11
    Options
    Congratulations, you look so incredible! Look at that smile! Enjoy the holidays with your family, your husband is doing a wonderful job serving our country- thank him for me :flowerforyou:
  • BestBodyEver
    BestBodyEver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the great work! :happy:
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your losses!! You are doing a fabulous job taking care of yourself now and I hope that results in a successful pregnancy with your next one.

Continue doing a great job!! Proud of you!
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awsome!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone. It took a lot of courage to post these photos, especially since i do not feel like I look pretty or good yet. I know I have worked hard and I know I am so much healthier than before, so that is the most important. For the next 50lbs I am going to work on thinking I am pretty and maybe even find the sexy again...
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful! You also look so much happier.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!