So they say the 40's are the new 20's

Options
Hello all! It has been a week since I have started I like this forum. Looking for tips and encouragement from people in the same age range. If you have good tips Holla at me.:happy:

Replies

• bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So the 40's or the 20's?
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have tips but I will say that at 47 I'm having the time of my life and it just keeps getting better. Attitude makes all the difference!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Lol! Just enjoy being 40! You're in the prime of life, grounded, and gorgeous! Who wants to be 20 again? Savour the joys of being young, mature, and wise! Heavens knows, before you know it, you will be 50, and the new 50 is not 40. It's 50. So, the bloom is on the rose, and don't waste a minute of it!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Does this make the 20's the new ... toddlers?
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and am actually more active now than I was in my 20's. Age is a number. I ran my first half marathon in my 30's. Started teaching aerobics in my 30's and I am still going strong with both!!
    Staying active and loving life keeps me going strong. TIPS?? LOVE WHAT YOU DO/DO WHAT YOU LOVE!!! AND IT WILL NEVER FEEL LIKE WORK!!
  • slimgoody05
    slimgoody05 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am looooooooooving my 40s..... :-)
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    I am 44 and am actually more active now than I was in my 20's. Age is a number. I ran my first half marathon in my 30's. Started teaching aerobics in my 30's and I am still going strong with both!!
    Staying active and loving life keeps me going strong. TIPS?? LOVE WHAT YOU DO/DO WHAT YOU LOVE!!! AND IT WILL NEVER FEEL LIKE WORK!!

Way to go Instructor03!! I agree 100%. You have to do what you enjoy and, if at first you don't find it, keep trying different things. Eventually, it will become a way of life that you will consider to be YOURS and YOUR time for yourself. Nevermind how good you feel, as you start to see your work payoff.
    I have worked out, both cardio and weight training for most of my life, with brief breaks here and there. Now, I am in my 40's and just recently got my ACSM certification and am a personal trainer and also an a Spin instructor. I have more energy than most 25 year olds and I am pretty secure with myself, both physically and mentally, That I couldn't say, when I was in my 20's.
    Feel free to add me, as I would love to see how you progress! :)
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I know I'm 41 and feeling 21!!!!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    my experience has been that the 40s are great--much better than my 20s