Feeling REALLY discouraged...

Options
So, when I first started out on this journey I was able to squeeze in a good workout every morning. The weather was nice...i'd put my son in a stroller and we'd hit the track for an hour or two..EVERY day. it was wonderful! Now that the weather is cooler here...I can't take him out. And to add to that..my other 2 school age children are constantly needing things at school. Parties...costumes made...cupcakes made...practice for sports...drive them here...take them there. AND BAM all at once i'm a super busy mom. I barely get any sleep anymore. I have a treadmill...but can never get on it. Either my little one (age 18 mths) is running around so it isn't safe in our small space...or it's bedtime and the loud machine keeps them up....or wakes them up during morning workouts. I wish my husband could be home more...but his job keeps him away A LOT! I have been at a weight stand still....or plateau for 3 weeks now. I am feeling VERY discouraged and a bit sad that I go to bed exhausted every night ...and guilty that I havent squeezed in some sort of workout. ANY ideas or plans that work for busy moms of multiple children...please...give this girl some advice. I already plan and organize meals and try to keep them on a routine.....but i've seriously just stopped even wearing make-up to save time in the mornings (SO not me!).......

Replies

• vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    Maybe you could do a workout video instead of the treadmill. And even the 30 day shred is about 20 mins. and there's walking videos too. It's be better than nothing and will probably help you feel better. :) good luck!
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wish...I have the 30ds......it's almost impossible to do a workout video with them running around me. I do enjoy the 30ds when I get to do it.
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could do a workout video instead of the treadmill. And even the 30 day shred is about 20 mins. and there's walking videos too. It's be better than nothing and will probably help you feel better. :) good luck!

I think this is a good idea. The 30DS isn't a cake walk either; you'll know you've had your workout! Best of luck!!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Yeah and also some small weight arm curls are silent and walking around the house is pretty silent.. Stretches, toe touches.. Be creative hon.. Don't get discouraged just use your imagination :) best of luck busy woman and the holidays will be over soon no worries.. Enjoy the little ones while they are little :)
    Kimmy
  • vivsk
    vivsk Posts: 6
    Options
    You know, you do what you can! Don't be so hard on yourself. I feel like, if you can throw in some squats or lunges or even some tricep dips off of a chair or some stairs--- then you'll feel like you've done something, If you can feel any kind of burn at all (in your muscles!) when you go to bed, your confidence is sure to boost.
    And even if you can't sometimes, don't worry- your goal is to be fit in the longterm- TRY (I know, it's super hard) to focus on how it will all eventually come together.
    You CAN do it!!
    P.S- I swear, slap on some eyeshadow in 30 seconds, if nothing else- and you'll feel at least somewhat yourself again. x
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You can do the dvds on low volume while the kiddo is sleeping, and you can do body weight exercises anytime.
  • acaudill042106
    Options
    You can do the dvds on low volume while the kiddo is sleeping, and you can do body weight exercises anytime.

You know that feeling you get when someone says something so obvious that it makes you feel dumb....I have no clue why I haven't thought of this! Maybe the exhaustion?
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am a new mommie so not quite as busy as you, but I do work out sometimes when my little guy is taking a nap. Is that a possibility? Even if you just walked back and forth in your apartment during the nap.
    Also, some gym's offer daycare - just a thought.
    And, maybe you could find a mommy and me workout video so your LO can do it with you.

and yeah, don't be so hard on yourself. you are doing a great job mom!
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    Oh honey, i UNDERSTAND! It's like that around here too! lol. what i have been doing, is getting in front of the tv or computer and doing ONLY 10 mins of exercise cuz thats all i have time for! also, when waiting in line or doing dishes ect, i rock back and forth on my shoes tip toe to heel, THAT really gets to burning! I make extra movment too. they say nervous people burn more cals cuz they are bouncing their foot when sitting or drumming thier fingers. this may seem useless, but i figure i got to be doing something good. you can "speed clean" you practically run all over the house cleaning, you can do curls with the laundry basket on your way up the stairs. just come up with a bunch of bs stuff and that will at least make you feel better about yourself.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I remember being there. Do you have two tv's? I used to give my kids their tv time on one tv while I worked out with the other tv. But with 18 months, it's still a pretty big challenge, and winter is no help. My kids did eventually learn to do something else while I was exercising (for the most part) and even an intense 20 minutes is good for you. In the meantime, focus on making sure your food choices are really good in case you don't always get in a workout. Hang in there! They will grow up eventually! Course, then, you'll probably miss the time when they were small...:smile:
  • Weldmeister
    Weldmeister Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. The formula is simple. If you eat less calories than you burn, you will lose the weight. Don't put a timeline on it. Do what you can, but don't get anal about it. Sometimes life interferes with what we think we want. Losing weight isn't near as important as taking care of the things that matter to you. You will lose the weight. Just don't get caught up in something as stupid as letting this website tell you what you need to do. Do what you can, and enjoy your family and enjoy your LIFE.
  • acaudill042106
    Options
    Thanks girls!! Your support has made me feel better. I do know one thing...I will never volunteer to coordinate ANY other school function. These Holidays are going to take it out of me!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

You know that feeling you get when someone says something so obvious that it makes you feel dumb....I have no clue why I haven't thought of this! Maybe the exhaustion?

"Mom-brain." :happy:
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    also put a galon of water in a back pack while dping chores. the extra weight burns more
  • Janice1109
    Options
    Jillian Michaels DVD workouts are amazing, 3o min long. Another piece of advice from a mom who has been there, put yourself on the to do list and say NO to some things.
  • acaudill042106
    Options
    Jillian Michaels DVD workouts are amazing, 3o min long. Another piece of advice from a mom who has been there, put yourself on the to do list and say NO to some things.

After the past month....saying "NO" is getting easier. I've already told my husband i'm not traveling for Thanksgiving. I'll cook..they can come here...but I am not packing a weeks worth of essentials for 5. Then traveling with our 3..... No No NO.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    you go girl
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's my advice. Turn around is fair play - run your little one ragged! Turn play time into dance time. Put on some lively music and get in a cardio workout while "playing". It's great mommy and me time.