Starting out is hard...

Options
I'm looking to lose weight in a healthy way and to be able to keep it off... My best friend has started me on the right path but im not sure if i am able to keep it up. Im looking for some helpful hints and "friends" to help motivate me along...

Replies

• SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You may add me as a friend if you want to.
  • b12ctrhny
    b12ctrhny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recommend setting a near goal that can be reached in a month. I like many others tried and failed for a while due to not seeing the "instant" result and lost interest. By setting near/mid/far goals it has been easier for me to log in and track everything. Good luck and MFP is great.
  • SherleeTxn
    SherleeTxn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You know, I would post your regular foods for the first week, then try eating according to your calorie goals just so you can see the difference. You won't believe it! Once you start seeing progress, you will want to stay within your goals! Good luck, You CAN do it!
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This site is very helpful in making you aware of what you are putting in to your body. It will be a learning process along the way as you will learn mre about your body. Good members too that will cheer you when you lose weight...that will answer your questions...and just be there for you. Have patience...stick to it...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    See sig.