Duncan Hines Cake Mixes

Options
out of curiousity I was looking at the ingredient list for the cake mix on their website. So then apparently they have Decadent something or other cake mix now too with "a packet of real ingredients" . . . it's okay . . . let it sink in . . .

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    omg, <gag> :sick:
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Yes and they are really good and REALLY moist!! I used them for my nephews cake
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    what do you think is in that special packet?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    yes, but there is something wrong if they have to call it a "packet of real ingredients" . . . i mean, what's in the rest of the box?
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    yes, but there is something wrong if they have to call it a "packet of real ingredients" . . . i mean, what's in the rest of the box?

Well, just do what everyone else around here does and add a can of diet soda to it and find out. <GAG> :sick:
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    owe em gee. You NEED to read "Fast Food Nation", if you have not. It is an awseome read about the history and state of our nations food supply (USA). So my answer to your question, is that the "real" word is probably a legal term for whatever they want to add. Chemicals are made, like PERFUME and added to all (most) packaged foods to trick your nose into making your taste buds happy. FFN book talks about the chemical plants off the Jersey term pike. These are the same plants that make your perfumes that you splash on before your hot date with the Hub... I know it is horrific. You just gave me a great post idea!
  • msolo1
    msolo1 Posts: 2
    Options
    The thought of a cake made from a box or "packet" makes me want to gag. No substitution for homemade.