Using the "recipe" feature on MFP

Options
Nic620
Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
Not sure if I missed something... I just created a recipe for the first time, but when I entered it into my log for dinner, It just says 1 serving and the calories it calculated. How do I know or edit the portion size?? How do I know if it's coming up with a serving that's 1 cup or 2 cups ect.

Thanks!

Replies

• Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    when you enter the recipe you tell it how many sevings your recipe makes and it divides all the ingredients into that amount of servings.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    it takes the total of all the ingredients and then at the top there is an option for you to enter in the serving size. I will usually use a cup or 1/2 cup to measure the mixture, or do a visual divide (like in half). If you end up with a total of say 9 cups of your recipie, and you have 2 you can put at the top it makes 9 servings, and then for your diary give yourself 2.. Hope that helps, I suck at explaining things haha
  • Nic620
    Options
    it takes the total of all the ingredients and then at the top there is an option for you to enter in the serving size. I will usually use a cup or 1/2 cup to measure the mixture, or do a visual divide (like in half). If you end up with a total of say 9 cups of your recipie, and you have 2 you can put at the top it makes 9 servings, and then for your diary give yourself 2.. Hope that helps, I suck at explaining things haha

I must just be stuck on stupid this evening because I see where it says how many serving but not the size of those serving....hmmmm
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    YOU determine the serving size. Figure out how much you want a serving to be (1 cup, 100g, 2.5 oz...whatever) and then figure out how many servings there are. :wink:
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I must just be stuck on stupid this evening because I see where it says how many serving but not the size of those serving....hmmmm

You define the size of the serving by putting in the number of servings it makes. e.g. if the total volume of your soup is 2 quarts and you define it as 8 servings, each serving would be a cup. If you put 4 servings, each serving would be 2 cups.
  • Nic620
    Options

You define the size of the serving by putting in the number of servings it makes. e.g. if the total volume of your soup is 2 quarts and you define it as 8 servings, each serving would be a cup. If you put 4 servings, each serving would be 2 cups.

Ok that makes sense...thank you!