AMAZING stuffed peppers recipe

Options
i'm definitely trying this one out for sunday night football :)
http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/mexican-stuffed-peppers.aspx

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My daugher put chili in peppers then topped with cheddar cheese and baked until the cheese was browned and the peppers softened, but still firm enough not to collapse. There were awesome!!
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! I have peppers in my fridge from my sister's garden that I have no idea what to do with. I dont like eating them raw. Gonna make this on the weekend!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    845160_med.jpg <<<<< OMG that looks good! drool....

Do you think it would make a huge difference to use green peppers instead of orange or yellow? (Green is like 1.50 cheaper per pepper). And what is converted rice?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    My daugher put chili in peppers then topped with cheddar cheese and baked until the cheese was browned and the peppers softened, but still firm enough not to collapse. There were awesome!!

ooo I like this idea too! I've been needed some new stuffed pepper recipes to try.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm, stuffed peppers! (drooling)
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    It may be the best thing since sex, but I will never know because I don't have the patience to wait 6-8 hours to cook anything. I will just have to take your word for it.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    It may be the best thing since sex, but I will never know because I don't have the patience to wait 6-8 hours to cook anything. I will just have to take your word for it.

OMG! I read the ingredients but not the directions, AND this is a crockpot recipe! SCORE! Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Do you think it would make a huge difference to use green peppers instead of orange or yellow? (Green is like 1.50 cheaper per pepper). And what is converted rice?

converted rice is instant rice, I think.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It all sounds delish except for the raisins. That just totally grosses me out. They look like bugs and I don't want bugs in my peppers!!!
  • gnovi826
    Options
    Sara- too bad it isn't a good idea to make those bacon wrapped stuffed peppers you made before. THOSE WERE SO FREAKING GOOD
  • saudade87
    Options
    not a huge fan of raisins either- nasty things- im just gonna leave those suckers out :)
    glad you love the idea guys, and its healthy!
    (i dont think it matters if you use red or green or yellow peppers... it would be interesting to try out all three :)
  • saudade87
    Options
    dear GAWD: dem guys were like 200 cals a small tiny bacon wrapped cheese filled jalapeno pepper!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options

We have always used green peppers. I think the converted rice is just instant rice. Most rice brands have converted on the package. I never thought about it until you ask.
  • LesleeAH
    Options
    That looks soooo good. I've been looking for a stuffed pepper recipe, I think I might try this one :D