Sweet Potato Fries ideas

Options
age1389
age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
So I made sweet potato fries for dinner tonight and they came out pretty good. I was wondering if anyone had any good ways in preparing them. Mine didn't come out crispy and wondering what you guys do to make the crispy. It was my first time making and eating them so not sure if I even made them right:laugh: All I used was some olive oil,pepper and dried thyme.
Would love to see your favorite recipes for them....

Replies

• age1389
    Options
    So I made sweet potato fries for dinner tonight and they came out pretty good. I was wondering if anyone had any good ways in preparing them. Mine didn't come out crispy and wondering what you guys do to make the crispy. It was my first time making and eating them so not sure if I even made them right:laugh: All I used was some olive oil,pepper and dried thyme.
    Would love to see your favorite recipes for them....
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just spray mine with olive oil then sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and cayenne. They don't get really all that crispy but I don't mind it.
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    I USE EGG WHITES TO MAKE THEM CRISPY:happy:
  • newlifestyle36
    Options

SORRY USE EGG WHITES AND WHIP THEM IN A BOWL UNTIL FOAMY THEN ADD SWEET POTATOES OR YAMS .:bigsmile: IF YOU LIKE SPICY FRIES TRY CHILLI POWDER AND CAYENNE PEPPER TO EGG WHITES OR WHAT EVER YOU LIKE BUT THIS IS HOW I MAKE THEM CRISPY:wink:
  • happy2bscrappin
    Options
    I will have to try this the next time. I made Sweet Potatoes in the microwave tonight with a tablespoon of butter.
  • brianroosa
    brianroosa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you slice them thinner, they will get crispier... If you are baking them, keep rotating them. If you are frying them and you slice them thin you will definitely make them thin. I use olive oil with mine
  • brianroosa
    brianroosa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry - Can you explain how to use egg whites? I don't understand
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

SORRY USE EGG WHITES AND WHIP THEM IN A BOWL UNTIL FOAMY THEN ADD SWEET POTATOES OR YAMS .:bigsmile: IF YOU LIKE SPICY FRIES TRY CHILLI POWDER AND CAYENNE PEPPER TO EGG WHITES OR WHAT EVER YOU LIKE BUT THIS IS HOW I MAKE THEM CRISPY:wink:

how long do you bake them and at what temp? I do this to make spicey cocktail nuts. But those I only bake at 250 for about 45 min.
    I'm thinking the fries would be at a higher temp.
  • newlifestyle36
    Options

ONCE YOU COAT THEM WHITH EGG WHITES PUT THEM ON COOKIE SHEET & COOK FOR 30-35 MIN . AT 450 DEGRES OR COOK UNTIL THEY GET CRPS AND BROWN
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    SORRY FOR NOT TYPING EVERYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE :blushing:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    SORRY FOR NOT TYPING EVERYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE :blushing:

Thanks, I am definately going to try it:flowerforyou:
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    YOUR WELCOME :bigsmile:
  • age1389
    Options

ONCE YOU COAT THEM WHITH EGG WHITES PUT THEM ON COOKIE SHEET & COOK FOR 30-35 MIN . AT 450 DEGRES OR COOK UNTIL THEY GET CRPS AND BROWN

Do you put any seasonings on them too? Thanks for the tip..
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I don't know if they will get crispy but here's this on from The Biggest Loser:

Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes

NUTRITIONAL VALUES

Fat: 2 g
    Carbohydrates: 12 g
    Protein:1 g
    Calories: 70 kcal

INGREDIENTS:

1 small sweet potato, 4 oz, quartered lengthwise
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon rosemary
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    Dash of salt
    Dash of black pepper

Clean sweet potato, quarter, and place on a baking sheet. Coat surfaces evenly with olive oil. Sprinkle rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper over potato. Broil for 20-25 minutes or until cooked and lightly browned.

Yield: 2 Servings
  • age1389
    Options
    Thanks sounds great also...