hello to all

Options
Hey y'all. I'm new to this. Just involved myself this evening. I was a little scared to try this out because I have bad eating habits and didnt want to see it in black and white. Im a nurse and a new mom. During pregnancy, I went from 160 to 200 pounds. I stayed pretty active during pregnancy and remained working until I was 8 months pregnant. I thought I was doing good because I didnt even know I went into labor!ha!! I have been having a really hard time getting the weight off and my son is near 14 months old now! I would also like to know if anyone out there has some great ideas to tone up your tummy and arms with such a busy schedule? I just cant find the time and when I do, Im too tired to do anything. Guess I just better buck up and find the time(:
Well, I hope you all get to your goal weight and I wish you the best of luck in doing so. Thanks so much for reading my little tidbit. y'all have a great evening!

wendy

Replies

• marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, sit ups always does the trick when it comes to flattening the belly and try push ups to tone up your arms :):happy:
  • Robina37
    Options
    Hi Wendy!! I'm going through the same thing!! I gained about 40lbs when I was pregnant and I lost maybe 10! I'm an active person as well but it is finding the time with children and work, cleaning and cooking etc... I just started exercising today I don't have a tip for you (lol sorry) just letting you know you are not alone my daughter is 18 months now and I'm just starting to lose weight... so just try to find the time, keep trying ttyl :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendy, welcome!!
    This place is so wonderful for finding support. Feel free to add me and message me with any questions you may have!
    I know you can reach your goal. Just remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't try to do too much too fast or you will end up doing more harm than good. Stick to the plan (most days ;)), get regular exercise, and most importantly learn to LOVE your body. Just focus on making a healthier happier you! You can do this!
  • dkstoots
    Options
    Wendy,
    Welcome! I'm new as of this week & I can see right now that keeping this logged online is going to be extremely helpful. I'm 56 and have raised 4 daughters. I found myself struggling as well, working fulltime & having babies, however over the years I have realized that if I didn't take time for myself (early in the morn or late in the eve) it just didn't happen & you are what you eat. Do all you can to carve out time for yourself & you won't regret it. Make it a 2nd nature like brushing your teeth. I love doing situps on those big rubber balls & keep a set of 2.5 lb weights near a place where you can see them everyday. God Bless
    Determined Debbie
  • wendylpn123
    Options
    your right, and thank you!! (:
  • wendylpn123
    Options
    Thanks for all the messages y'all. I really do appreciate the positive and I think thats the key to motivation. Please add me if you like and I will try to be a good motivator for you too! good luck and lets do this!!lol

wendy