Realistic or a pipe dream?

Options
I have 19 pounds to loose by December 31, 2011. It is 2.11 pounds a week. (9 weigh-ins) Do you think it is realistic? I think I was asking this same thing last year. If I accomplished this I would have a good chance for our TOPS chapter queen for 2011. Keep me motivated!!! All of you :)

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I think its reasonable
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You can do it:smile:
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you need to lose before you get low body fat. I lost 20 pounds in the first 8 weeks, but then the rate slowed down for these last 10. However, people with only 20 pounds to lose will probably take longer to reach their goal.

In the end, what does it matter? Eat right, and exercise, and what comes off, comes off. :-D
  • walkingsun89
    walkingsun89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement. I have lost 56 pounds since January 2010. It has been a slow process. I lost a lot of it in the first six months. I got less disciplined after that and stopped tracking. Don't get me wrong, I have made lifestyle changes and work out daily. I am back to logging in and have dropped 3 pounds this week. So we will see.

It really doesn't matter because it is a life goal but this weigh loss group and it's little incentives have got me this far... I wouldn't mind representing the group with our success. It won't be live or die. It has taken me this long and as I said.......I shot for it this time last year and just maintained. It is enough spark to get me through the holidays. :):wink: