GGGOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL

Options
MacMadame
MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
No, I didn't play soccer this weekend. But I did get to a normal BMI. Yeah me!

So I'm now at "goal". That is to say, I've made all the weight loss-related goals I started with. I lost over 90 pounds, I have a normal BMI, and I'm in a size smaller than 10, my initial size goal. I really didn't have any goals beyond that. I did develop a few new goals along the way and I've managed to knock off most of them too.

But I don't really feel "done."

Sure, I look pretty good in my clothes and my shapewear. But I do have fat that I can get rid of and want to get rid of. I'd like to have a resting pulse rate and a body fat percentage that is closer to the "athlete" range instead of the "somewhat fit, old broad" range as well. I also have a lot of new sports-related goals that I didn't have before.

So here is my updates list of goals:

(completed)Get off my BP meds

(completed)Get rid of my plantar fasciitis once and for all

(completed)Get rid of my GERD

(completed)Go swimming with my daughter and stop making excuses every time she asks because I don't want to deal with appearing in a bathing suit in public

(completed)Be at least a size 10, maybe smaller, and to shop in regular stores and not just the fat old lady department at Macys

(completed)Get down to 175

(completed)No longer be clinically obese

(completed)Get down to 155

(completed)Have a normal BMI

Get down to 125 (possible goal weight?)

Be in a true size 6

Have a body fat percentage in the 18 - 22% range

Get my resting pulse rate into the low 50s

(completed)Walk 10,000 steps a day at least 4 days a week

(completed)Complete a 5K

Complete a Sprint Triathlon

Complete a Sprint Triathlon in under 2:30

Complete a Century Ride

Complete a 10K

Be able to run a marathon

Complete an Ironman or at least a HIM

Give my inner "skinny *****" the body she deserves.

Live into my 90s as one of those cantakerous little old ladies with 10x as much energy as the youngsters I run circles around (so far so good)

Some of these are pretty long-term though. I'm not going to feel "not done" until I'm in my 90s and know how much energy I have, for example. I'm sure I'll feel done much sooner than that.

So when will I be done?

All I can say is: I'll know when I know. But the body fat % and size goals are probably the two key "done" goals on my current list.

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2009/04/gggooooooaaaaaaaalllllllll.html

Replies

• MacMadame
    Options
    No, I didn't play soccer this weekend. But I did get to a normal BMI. Yeah me!

So I'm now at "goal". That is to say, I've made all the weight loss-related goals I started with. I lost over 90 pounds, I have a normal BMI, and I'm in a size smaller than 10, my initial size goal. I really didn't have any goals beyond that. I did develop a few new goals along the way and I've managed to knock off most of them too.

But I don't really feel "done."

Sure, I look pretty good in my clothes and my shapewear. But I do have fat that I can get rid of and want to get rid of. I'd like to have a resting pulse rate and a body fat percentage that is closer to the "athlete" range instead of the "somewhat fit, old broad" range as well. I also have a lot of new sports-related goals that I didn't have before.

So here is my updates list of goals:

(completed)Get off my BP meds

(completed)Get rid of my plantar fasciitis once and for all

(completed)Get rid of my GERD

(completed)Go swimming with my daughter and stop making excuses every time she asks because I don't want to deal with appearing in a bathing suit in public

(completed)Be at least a size 10, maybe smaller, and to shop in regular stores and not just the fat old lady department at Macys

(completed)Get down to 175

(completed)No longer be clinically obese

(completed)Get down to 155

(completed)Have a normal BMI

Get down to 125 (possible goal weight?)

Be in a true size 6

Have a body fat percentage in the 18 - 22% range

Get my resting pulse rate into the low 50s

(completed)Walk 10,000 steps a day at least 4 days a week

(completed)Complete a 5K

Complete a Sprint Triathlon

Complete a Sprint Triathlon in under 2:30

Complete a Century Ride

Complete a 10K

Be able to run a marathon

Complete an Ironman or at least a HIM

Give my inner "skinny *****" the body she deserves.

Live into my 90s as one of those cantakerous little old ladies with 10x as much energy as the youngsters I run circles around (so far so good)

Some of these are pretty long-term though. I'm not going to feel "not done" until I'm in my 90s and know how much energy I have, for example. I'm sure I'll feel done much sooner than that.

So when will I be done?

All I can say is: I'll know when I know. But the body fat % and size goals are probably the two key "done" goals on my current list.

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2009/04/gggooooooaaaaaaaalllllllll.html
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    wow!! you have accomplished so much!! thanks for the inspiration!
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    My goodness. What a list! And what great accomplishments. Reading your ambitions and your accomplishements is truly inspiring! Hey, pls give us an update on this once inwhile!! My fav on that is when you said you will no longer turn down swimming with your daughter b/c you're afraid of waht you might look like in a swimsuit. What a gift to give to your daughter time well spent!!

Good job! Keep it up!! What a great role model you're being to all of us here on MFP!! hey thanks alot for sharing !!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    thank you for reminding me that this can be done, sometimes its hard to see the finish line :flowerforyou:

what a list of goals to have checked off, well done, you are fantastic! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have done such an amazing job!! You must feel so great!! :flowerforyou:

Congrats to you! And I have no doubt you will complete every one of those goals!

-Tami
  • fisher110
    fisher110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :drinker: You are awesome! Good for you for getting so far! Hope we can all stick to the program and be able to post "GGGOOOOAAAAALLLLLL" on the message board!
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    OMG!! Awesome Job!!! Big huge Cyber-Hug to YOU!! I can't wait until I can say the same thing! How inspirational!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • chelseachick
    Options
    way to go - you stuck wiht it and are now reaping the benefits. itss amazing how one goal morphs into another. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: well done!
  • Dusty74
    Dusty74 Posts: 68
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'm a bit jealous of you :laugh: . I want to be in shape enough to do a 5K and a century. One if these days I'll be posting those two goals too. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow. You have done a fantastic job. I love that you made a list. I think I will follow suit. I am running out of steam maybe reviewing my short term goals will remotivate me. Thanks for sharing.
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Thanks guys!

As for swimming with my daughter, not only have I done it, but we also go bike riding every Sunday. That wasn't on my original list but it's something I'm happy about. I want her to grow up thinking that physical activity is fun and a normal part of life.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being such an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mom22kiddos
    mom22kiddos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is awesome! I can't believe all the weight you have lost you are a true inspiration! Keep it up!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wow. Now you have to start making fun goals to show off the new body. You are a testiment that if you make goals, you can reach them.:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    You rock! I love all your goals!! Keep it up and keep us posted!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you rock. You are just awesome. :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Great job!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    wow---what you have already done is GREAT!!!!! What a rush!!!

AWESOME JOB!!!!
  • 4suredistime
    Options
    A big CONGRATULATIONS to you!!! wow. I don't know you yet I feel proud of you and so many others on here. You are a true inspiration and reminder that this can be done. Just need the will power and determination. I can't wait to be the one writing one of these. :wink: I never thought of making a list of minor and major goals. Great Idea. Keep it up, and keep letting us know how you are doing.

183577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!