Started on being healthy and now I can't stop with the BMing

Options
So I've been using calorie counter for a week. I've been fine tuning my food to reach healthier levels. I've been exercising for about two weeks. Now I can't stop going to the bathroom. My stomach isn't comfortable but it isnt what I'd call really painful. Yesterday was 4 times in the bathroom, today at 7. I saw my lunch from 9 hours ago undigested enough to somewhat recognize it. Is this normal when going from sedentary and unhealthy eating to exercising daily and eating healthy?

Replies

• karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't know the exact answer to this, but i do know eating the right foods and exercises will definitely boost your metabolism!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Are you sure it isn't due to an illness or food allergy?
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Adding extra fiber and water and moving more helps clean out all the old. Chew the food better and just keep doing what you are doing. You body will adjust. Don't go over board with the fiber to quickly. Good luck!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    undigested enough to somewhat recognize it. Is this normal when going from sedentary and unhealthy eating to exercising daily and eating healthy?

To my knowlege, no, this is not normal. I would consider seeing a doctor.
  • sirmio
    sirmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @Sidesteal has it right, go see a doctor.

If you can't go, try keeping a food diary and switch back to foods you are used to (just smaller portions). Then start changing it little by little to try to figure out what it is. I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Go to the doctor if you can.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You must just be full of crap. ;) jk, I am not really sure what's going on there. check out webMD online and it might lead you to some answers. You can always cheese it up to slow things down, but cals and fat there. Best wishes with your digested dishes.
  • ewallander11
    Options
    I've been having the same problems... not so much of the going to the bathroom alot, but the opposite. I haven't been able to go, and my stomach has been aching SEVERELY. I'm not sure what to do either... Am I taking in too much fiber? I'm thinking about doing a cleanse, but I'm a little weary about it. I hope you situation gets better. I would say, if the bathroom problems continue, definitely go see a doctor. If they stop, then your body is getting used to the change in the diet.
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would rule out food allergies first, and then modify your diet a bit. Your body is probably going into shock. LOL Good luck!
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Whether it's normal depends upon what you are seeing. If you recognize your corn and greens, then, actually, it IS normal. A lot of recognizable stuff comes out with produce. Not so much with starches and meat. If you have suddenly raised your water intake and your fiber intake, that would account for much. You almost certainly ARE scrubbing out your insides if you have suddenly increased your fiber and water, both.

Undigested FAT, otoh, would be a problem.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    So I've been using calorie counter for a week. I've been fine tuning my food to reach healthier levels. I've been exercising for about two weeks. Now I can't stop going to the bathroom. My stomach isn't comfortable but it isnt what I'd call really painful. Yesterday was 4 times in the bathroom, today at 7. I saw my lunch from 9 hours ago undigested enough to somewhat recognize it. Is this normal when going from sedentary and unhealthy eating to exercising daily and eating healthy?

As a side comment, the .avi is very fitting in this case.
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problems... not so much of the going to the bathroom alot, but the opposite. I haven't been able to go, and my stomach has been aching SEVERELY. I'm not sure what to do either... Am I taking in too much fiber? I'm thinking about doing a cleanse, but I'm a little weary about it. I hope you situation gets better. I would say, if the bathroom problems continue, definitely go see a doctor. If they stop, then your body is getting used to the change in the diet.

Are you matching your fiber with enough water? Increasing your fiber without substantially increasing your water will cause PROBLEMS.
  • AbbysMonkeyMama
    Options
    As Thinwithin2010 said, increased fiber and water intake plus exercise can mess with your gut for awhile. I am affiliated with the medical field, though not a GI expert, but I would say give it a couple weeks to adjust to your new lifestyle as long as you don't have actual pain. You should "even out" as long as that discomfort is all you have. Good luck!
  • Gonzoxx
    Gonzoxx Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi genmills, well if you are drinking a lot of water let me say that "pee" is the way your body have to eliminate the toxins and within "clean up" your body... but maybe you should watch out for the kind of food you are eating and how much you're eating. I said this cause maybe you are eating "whole grain products" let me say it's a great idea, but when body wasn't use to receive enough fiber (as i figure out you are doing now) the body feels that change and starts to answer with this "bathroom attack" or maybe you feel a stomach swelling ( and im guessing it's that "uncomfortable" stomach situation you talked about ). You also should to watch out for your macronutirents ratio.50% calories from Carbohydrates , 30% calories from protein, and 20% from fat. Of course you don't have to follow this numbers but i think if you got close to them your body would start to answer better through the day. But at the end, i think it's normal to see increases on you "bath visits" look at this process as your body cleaning up itself and getting ready to get you in the best shape of your life. If you give a try to my advice i would be really glad you to keep me posted what you say? hope my answer might be usefull :)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i would say please see a doctor. this happened to me a few weeks ago and turns out i had a really bad E.Coli infection. however, i was also vomiting, fever/chills, etc. also, i had just been in Mexico so that probably didn't help...

either way, no, not necessarily normal.
  • genmills2001
    Options
    Yes the recognizable stuff is greens and vegetation. Doctor won't be an option for about a month unless things get real bad, won't have insurance until then. My fiber and water have both gone up significantly as well as activity so here's to hoping it goes away shortly.
  • genmills2001
    Options
    As another thought, the day I started having problems is the day I started taking men's one a day multivitamins and nature made fish oil. The only other association I have is the night before I had a half serving of french fries and I havnt eaten anything bad like that in two weeks or so, but I would assume that's long since out if the system since I'm on day 3 of loose bathroom joy. On the plus side, it's not the same dirty yucky I've had when sick, it is loose but seems "cleaner" (if you could call it that) then what I'd normally associate diarrhea with.
  • Almiel
    Almiel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Definitely chew your food better. I would recommend taking your temperature (hopefully you know what your healthy baseline is as it probably won't be 98.6, e.g. mine is 97.7). If it's normal and you're not throwing up then your body is _probably_ just adjusting. Someone else suggested going back to more of your normal foods in smaller portions and change your diet more slowly. I would agree with that.

Good luck.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Yes the recognizable stuff is greens and vegetation. Doctor won't be an option for about a month unless things get real bad, won't have insurance until then. My fiber and water have both gone up significantly as well as activity so here's to hoping it goes away shortly.

Okay so this is kind of gross... But... I had weird problems when I changed my diet. Id go every few hours, then I couldn't go for every 5-6 days. But I found something that helped me tremendously.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestive_enzyme

Here's some info on what they do. You can purchase them for roughly 10-15$ at walgreens or cvs. I use one called "super enzymes". They help your body break down your food and also better absorb nutrients.

Give it a try!