Halloween NSV!

Options
I have been overweight/obese for most of my teen years and all of my adult life. I have always loved Halloween and getting dressed up, but finding a costume at a store was always a depressing experience. I had to find the small plus size section and hopefully find something fun. Many years I just tore up some old clothes and went as a zombie. This year I shopped in the regular department, found an awesome costume and I feel confident enough in my body to wear it. Later, I went to the mall to get some tights and shoes and while there I walked past Lane Bryant and happily thought, I will never have to shop in the plus size section again!

Replies

• heatypablo
    Options
    Congrats on your success!! :)
  • msmellebelle
    Options
    Congratulations! i'm super happy for you!
  • missinde2015
    Options
    wow! amazing!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    man ..... im gon love this day to... when i can shop in the regular section.....but congrats to u hon,,,,
  • kj_4
    kj_4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yay for regular store shopping. Have a great Halloween!!! I love dressing up too!!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you...... So when do we get to see the costume photo? Show some inspiration to the rest of us:)
  • Jennrz
    Jennrz Posts: 32
    Options
    That is fantastic! I know I did that recently too, walked by the plus sized store! It is so liberating!!!