Replies

• ¢Penny¢
    Options
    Only rich old ladies need apply!

betty-white-getty.jpg
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I flirt with peoples diaries. When they log ice cream or something delicious like that i always say " Damn girl you've been naughty" doesnt matter if its a man or woman. It's always a naughty girl. It's done in a pm because it can get pretty dirty with the chocolate syrup, whip cream, berry on top talk............ Damn i just got a food stiffy

Would it be weird if I said I found this very exciting...I think we have something in common ;-)
  • dannylives
    Options
    I'm available to be somebodys new MFP boyfriend. :)

ummm excuse me?! Lol it's kk I understand you're ready to move on. I mean let's be honest here, you're like the most popular guy on here...guess I couldn't expect to hold on to you forever.

Or...how about ummm sharing? I'm down for that =P

Crap, I'm so totally busted! Sorry to anyone who may have been interested, I'm taken already. Sorry babe, I don't know what I was thinking, I still love you SO MUCH! Please forgive me? Sending lots of hugs and kisses your way! :)
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    If it works for others, great. But I'm not interested in dating at all right now. One of the things that I love about MFP is I have some awesome looking guys on my FL and we can flirt without any of it being taken to heart and nobody ends up getting hurt so its perfect just the way it is. But if other people are into that getting emotionally involved crap, more power to 'em.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it. I think having this site in common with others can draw people together. If you do meet someone on here, just use the same caution as you would meeting someone in your own town.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i think that's missing the point. this i:flowerforyou: s support and info sharing site.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Are people going to hit it off? absolutely, that's going to happen on any forum/site.

But to sign up looking to meet someone is just a little weird and I gotta tell ya there are some desperate men/women on here who don't do a very good job of hiding it but whatever.

I'll use this site for weight loss as I intended when i signed up and the rest can do whatever they wish.
  • Kimmy546
    Kimmy546 Posts: 102
    Options
    I met a very wonderful girl on here. I am very thankful for this site. never relized how nice it is to have someone you have so much in common with.... n did I mention to me she was the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on:bigsmile:

Totally wasn't looking, but when it happens it's a great thing.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say to treat it like a dating site but there is nothing wrong with meeting or bonding with someone from mfp if both parties are single.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    How you doin'?
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I say treat this site like any other anonymous online community... with a healthy amount of caution, and a whole lot of fun :bigsmile:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    if you meet someone on here, then hey! That just adds one more badge of awesomeness to MFP :bigsmile:

unfortunately, i dont see anyone who is my type on here~but if it happens one day then so be it :laugh:
  • phatgirl29
    phatgirl29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'M In:heart:
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If people meet on here, cool, but I would prefer this stay a fitness site.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    How you doin'?

you had me at "how" :bigsmile:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hmm.... I thought when you first join, they make you put in your city or zip code so you can "find people in your area" ...

^^^^ Dating is semi-promoted! lol

But in my opinion, I believe everyone initially is using this site to help them achieve their health goals, we all become friends with each other, and then somewhere along the way interests between two people begin to flare up. So who cares if they meet some one... People meet people all the time.. People meet off eBay, craigslist (creepy!) and other random sites.. So if it happens, it happens...
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i mean...technically any site could be a dating site when you have like-minded individuals exchanging ideas and support.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Ironically my husb and I met on a photography / art forum that had nothing to do with dating. (www.deviantart.com) Any forum that people come together over similar interests there's an opportunity for sparks to fly. If it works for you all the best. Honestly I think non dating sites are better sometimes because you see more of what a person's actually like... they're not on there just to score.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I flirt with peoples diaries. When they log ice cream or something delicious like that i always say " Damn girl you've been naughty" doesnt matter if its a man or woman. It's always a naughty girl. It's done in a pm because it can get pretty dirty with the chocolate syrup, whip cream, berry on top talk............ Damn i just got a food stiffy

I think I may have just met my soul mate. :love: :laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'd hate to be so narrow in my views that I thought you could ONLY use this site for weight loss and you could ONLY find romance on a dating site.

"Yeah I met the perfect person and we click and I'd love to be with them, but we didn't meet on a site intended specifically for dating so..."

Why place such limits on yourself when it's not easy to find someone out there? More power to anyone I say. Life can be rough. No need to make it harder.