drunk...

Options
since diet and exercising. how often do you go off the wagon to have a good time with friends. and possibly get drunk??? we're all adults here.. i usually have a drink now and then with friends while out to dinner. but i've had a really hard week between work & dealing with car problems that i had enough and had some fun with friends!! first time in 3 months.

do you think its bad or ok to do it once and a while on a diet?

Replies

• rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Its ok to do it once in a while...But drink stuff like Vodka or Red Wine and not the sugary drinks or cocktails.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine but it's best if you can use moderation and work it into your calories. I don't drunk eat though, which is probably what messes some people up worse than the actual drinking.
  • ejllshaw
    ejllshaw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I went to a wedding and did the toast and a glass of wine followed by the mixed drinks with diet sodas. Once in a while won't hurt but don't fall off the wagon too much, and when your off to drink watch out for the late night food run! Lol. Have fun
  • ooshlet
    ooshlet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    vodka and gin with slimline tonic are pretty low cal and on their own wouldn't make much of a difference weightwise. the only problem is that once you're a bit tipsy (or drunk!) your diet will go out the window. does with me anyway. i start feeling that i don't need to lose that half a stone, and reach for the cheese and ketchup sandwiches (my drunk meal of choice). plus think about the next day - pretty hard to get through a hangover without a load of stodgy food.

IMO you can get past the calorific values of alcohol pretty easily, but can you stay on the straight and narrow once your judgement is a bit impaired! i can't :( that said you need to enjoy yourself or you'll feel resentful. it's a tough one.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I hadn't drank in two months and went out for my boyfriends birthday for dinner yesterday with the intention of not drinking. He bought me a strawberry daiquiri which led to another seven! I might still be drunk because I missed the last step on the stairs and face planted the dog who was asleep in the hall. I'm very very ill today and have been awake since 6am running to the bathroom!

I consumed 1600 cals in alcohol last night and I'm not proud of that so choose your drinks wisely my dear! I won't be drinking again anytime soon!! Fact!
    Don't think I'll be eating today either
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I hadn't drank in two months and went out for my boyfriends birthday for dinner yesterday with the intention of not drinking. He bought me a strawberry daiquiri which led to another seven! I might still be drunk because I missed the last step on the stairs and face planted the dog who was asleep in the hall. I'm very very ill today and have been awake since 6am running to the bathroom!

I consumed 1600 cals in alcohol last night and I'm not proud of that so choose your drinks wisely my dear! I won't be drinking again anytime soon!! Fact!
    Don't think I'll be eating today either

awww sarah, poor you, lol!!! try n eat something hun, it'll help the road to recovery.

i think you need to have a blow out every now and then, otherwise what's the point in us being on this planet if all we're gonna do is eat lettuce and drink water, lol!!

its all about moderation, eat healthy the rest of the week, and follow the advice about the type of drink you choose, making sure you stay away from those which are too high in calories, n try not to get too drunk otherwise that will lead to late night snacking.

life is for living, enjoy it!!! x
  • massey2011
    Options
    I did exactly the same ... except i drunk 12 beers and had shots it was 2000 cals!!! omg, isnt that terrible
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I did exactly the same ... except i drunk 12 beers and had shots it was 2000 cals!!! omg, isnt that terrible

Forgot I did shots! That has to be another 400 cals there... Stupid baby Guinness!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am drunk riiiiiiiiiiight now.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    whenever go out and drink, I will bust my *kitten* off at the gym for the next couple days to make it worth it. so like every weekend lol.
  • loreleijade
    loreleijade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think a night out once in a while is really something we should all have. After all as @andiechick said, we can't spend all our life on lettuce and water. Or we could but I for one would be miserable.
    Actually I'm going out tonight to a birthday/Halloween party and I plan of having a few drinks. What I'm trying to do today is to only eat half of my calories for the day so that I can indulge later without going over board too much.
  • ozycat
    ozycat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did too many beers last night and made the fatal late nnight stop at the chip shop on the way home. When I got home i had a chocolate attack!

Going to find my walking boots now to try and make up for the gazillion calories I drank! LOL!

Happy Saturday all!!!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am drunk riiiiiiiiiiight now.

lol!! Enjoy!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Not proud of this, but I used to drink everyday. Of course, when I realized a lifestyle change was needed, I couldn't do that anymore. I still drink on the weekends every week and the weekend starts on Friday! So, I still drink 3 out of 7 days. Every week I say okay, pick a day and drink only that day, but it never works. I have lost 23 lbs since August 22nd and I kick myself in the azz every Monday cause I know that could be doubled if I just cut the drinking down to 1 day a week and I tell myself next weekend................and here I am again Saturday morning after a night of drinking wanting to kick myself again, but know I won't until Monday. Plus last night I drunk ATE, which I rarely do..................so I'm gonna go do my JM 30DS and get on my glider for 30 minutes and hope for the best!! Oh well, it's my choice and if I don't make my next goal (below 160) before my cruise on November 19th I have no one to blame but myself! :drinker:
  • momma_kathleen
    Options
    I regularly have alcohol and I just count it into the calories! My favorite is to drink ONE long island iced tea or two rum and diet coke or three glasses of red wine..nice buzz, no hang over and as long as I got my hour of exercise that day, it even fits in the calorie count! +)
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Every now and then. Last weekend was my birthday so I knew I'd be drinking. I drank all I wanted and sort of watched what I ate. I actually still lost a little. But I did NOT weigh myself the next day. I am NOT ever going to give up social drinking. We just need to be smarter with our food choices.