Exercise and emotions

Options
If im feeling sad.. I dont feel like exercising, and when i dont exercise i feel even worse, and beat myself up hella bad. Then ill usually make myself do it. I always feel better after. But is it normal? Even if im not sad, not exercising makes me feel like ****, except on my set day off.

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I feel like **** if I don't exercise! I use it as medication for anxiety and depression so even on my days off will go for a nice, long walk or else I will just feel like utter ****.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Running gets me high
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Yeah but i have to make myself push through the entire time, from the start and i dont feel better til afterwards. But sometimes i really enjoy it.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Try drowning out your pain with music.... works for me!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

This!
  • niebla
    niebla Posts: 71
    Options
    When you are having trouble starting an activity, for instance, running, say to yourself: I have to only do it for 5 mins... then I'll see if I want to continue. If I do, fantastic, if I don't, it is completely OK. Starting is always the hardest part, and anyone can do 5 mins, 5 mins is not a big deal, is it? And you'll always feel better afterwards, specially if you appreciate your accomplishment.
  • babyblake11
    Options
    Ive just been having a hard time lately.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

I love you!
  • babyblake11
    Options

I love you!
    aww thanks x
  • tms0926
    tms0926 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Agreed! My music really gets me through the bad times....the great thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain.
    Get a great play list together and escape into it.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Are you doing exercises that you like or ones that you hate but force yourself to do anyway?

If its the second, then find something you like! Your only going to feel worse if your doing an exercise that you hate and that you feel like your being forced to do.