weightloss before toning???

Options
Is it better to lose weight before toning? Will toning slow down weightloss progress?

Replies

• rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Toning will actually speed up your weightloss process because you'll be losing inches and tighting lose skin. You'll look healthier if you do both at the same time. The scale won't go done as fast but the inches will melt away!! What I'm doing is cardio, diet, and light toning because I have to see results on the scale to move forward. Then when i reach my goal...I will go hardcore on the toning. I use light weights now...later on I'll begin using heavy weights!! Best wishes!!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Weight Lifting/Toning will help boost your metabolism by creating more lean muscle. So my advice would be to Tone while losing weight. I don't think it will slow down your weight loss. If it does than that means you put on a lot of muscl and you will probably be very happy with the results. Good Luck!!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    In everything I have read doing strength training while getting in cardio is the way to go. A lot of the Biggest Loser workouts in the stores do this technique. The Biggest Loser Cardio and Power Sculpt together works great. Gaining lean muscle will help your metabolism and in return help burn fat.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    As you lose body fat, you are going to look more toned. (Assuming you are exercising)

Strength training is fantastic for weight loss. You will burn fat faster than you build muscle. Get to lifting!
  • jannean2
    Options
    Toning adds muscle and muscle helps increase your metabolism. My recommendation is to do both aerobic and muscle toning activities. I just wouldn't body build until you have "weight loss".
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks, good advice everyone I think I am going to add light timing with my cardio
  • joeykimura44
    Options
    Definitely designing a weight training program along with cardio is the best way to go. If you can find something that incorporates both taht would be ideal! I lost close to 25lbs doing kickboxing and jiu jitsu. Not only is it a hell of a workout but its super fun as well. But undoubtedly you should find a program that combines a clean diet along with weight training/cardio circuit. check out www(dot) singledigitbodyfat net for some program reviews