Hi

Options
My daughters got me onto this website I just started a week ago and I really like it. I too lost a lot of weight with WW and I felt of all the weight loss plans, they had it right in logging your concumption and points for exercise it works. I too went to the meeting but after I reached my goal it just got harder to go. I'm not a real social person, We're both quite and enjoy each others company. My problem is I have a longevity issue, that I can't seem to maintain. Also called yoyo dieter, I have a 4 year old granddaughter that I need and want to keep up with and it is a real struggle at times. My husband is a retired postal carrier and he is going through weight gain from reduction of walking. We've purchased a tread mill, still waiting it's delivery but with winter coming, I look forward to using it to increase my weight loss. We love to kayak and bike, but I also like to read, scrapbook and quilt, not very good calorie burning hobbies.

Replies

• surveying
    surveying Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to the website.

I joined 2 weeks ago and ive lost 4lb. I also attended WW and lost nearly 4 stone. I then stopped attending classes and put 3 stone of it back on. One of the reasons I stopped going was because of the cost. I didnt stay for the classes (only got weighed in) as I had been at work all day.

I am sure you will do fine with this plan, i am really enjoying it and am really motivated at the moment
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome To MFP it is a great place. Lot of support
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have a friend at work who was with Jenny Craig and in a similar predicament. The thing about these programs is that they do much of the work for you. It's just to easy to rely on prepared meals that are portioned. People are successful when on these plans. Once they get off, well, it's back to square one.

I believe anyone can change their life and make fitness a part of their daily live. It's not always easy, but once you see you can do it, you'll always have the strength to come back. We all have occasional setbacks in fitness.

With that said, I recommend a cook book by Tosca Reno. It's name escapes my mind, but you'll know it when you see it. There's a very HOTT looking middle aged woman on the cover (she's close to 60 if not already there). Her cookbook is on "CLEAN EATING". If you learn how to eat clean(er), you're on your way to success.