Could you please check my diary?

Options
Hello everyone :) I'm pretty new here (although I've been here before with a different nickname), and I've decided that I have to learn how to eat, and plan my meals in order to do that. When I was just eating whatever I remembered to eat and tried to squeeze it in my daily allowance, I noticed that I was feeling terrible, because about 40% of my daily intake was created by junk.

So now I finally decided to make really healthy choices, and I planned out several days. Could you please look if I'm maybe missing on something? (Vitastar is whole grain bread and Hollandia plain yogurt) Btw. the reason why it's always planned out to be a bit less than is my calorie goal is because I'm probably going to squeeze in something like a biscuit to my tea or marinade to my chicken, and even if not, I've heard people under-report their intakes a lot.

Thank you so much in advance!

Replies

• KyleJCooper
    KyleJCooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Actually looks well planned and relatively well balanced. I would personally die without a nice large meal for dinner after being at work all day, but meal distribution is a personal preference of course.

Don't forget seasoning on your meat - no calories and keeps it from getting boring. Personally I also use sauce and just weigh it out, I really enjoy some major flavor with my chicken and I don't want to get bored of it.

Good job!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I am not a pro by any means but here is what I think......your diary looks good food wise but you really need to try to get some more water in. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask any of us on here. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!!

Hugs
    Bev
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    today looks great. the last couple of days were okay, but not ideal. aim for more protein and fewer carbs (not low carb by any means, but if there's a macro you should go over on, its protein). protein helps keep you fuller longer. crapdonalds processed crap does not. when picking carbs, those with a lower glycemic index value help because they don't cause an insulin spike. insulin spike is what creates cravings for more sugar/carbs. in short, cook more and go out less. but you are on the right track.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Your Diet Looks pretty good. you do need more water. And there is no need to count sugar and carbs! Carbs is a total of the break down of all sugars, I would maybe count colesterol. So you could keep a close look at fats. Good Luck and thanks I didn't know you could plan your diet ahead.
    Welcome to MFP feel free to add me if you want.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    More Water....
  • eliotta
    eliotta Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I'm happy to hear I'm on the right track :) About the water, I'm trying to up it as much as possible, I'm not used to drinking it at all, but I already bought a bottle and it's in front of me reminding me of my 8 cups a day all the time :)

Thanks again!
  • KyleJCooper
    KyleJCooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Your Diet Looks pretty good. you do need more water. And there is no need to count sugar and carbs! Carbs is a total of the break down of all sugars, I would maybe count colesterol. So you could keep a close look at fats. Good Luck and thanks I didn't know you could plan your diet ahead.
    Welcome to MFP feel free to add me if you want.

Respectfully disagree regarding the tracking of cholesterol. There is almost no correlation between cholesterol intake and blood levels of cholesterol, surprisingly. Foods that are high in fat and high in carbs tend to be high in calories, which is the underlying problem.

Normally I would track down the reference for you, but it's early and I'm tired :\

On the simultaneous sugar and carb tracking - I agree with not doing that. I would only track carbs.
  • girlontherun5
    girlontherun5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think it looks OK, but like others have mentioned definately add more water and maybe increase your calcium a bit as they days I looked at you were well under your recommended intake...don't know if there are any dietary restrictions but fat free yogurt or cottage cheese I think go well with grapes as a snack :) but those are just my thoughts.... Best of luck!