Day 4 ... Trying to stick to it this time (need support)

Options
Hello all I am new to MFP I have been stuggleing with my weight my entire life. My ultimate goal is actually smaller than I have ever been as an adult. I have always been somewhere between 190-210lbs but in 2007 I had a complicated pregnancy and got up to 280lbs (post birth and water weight). I have slowly lost weight here and there trying many different diets and exercises. I had gotten down to 193lb and was so satisfied that I lost control and before I knew it I was back up to 214lb. I decided that I don't just want to be content I want to be healthy. So I thought being involved in a social network that focuses on all of the ups and downs that come along with weight loss. I may have more support and succuss on the journey ahead. Please consider adding me as a friend I need support and I will help and support you as well. Thanks for taking the time to read my intro. I'm looking forward to going on this journey with MFP.

Replies

• arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • CarolJo59
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new to this myself!
  • lsjett1
    lsjett1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome.....you can do this. This site is fantastic. I LOVE IT! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • lace0211
    lace0211 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me! You will do great o this site!
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Honey Its hard I know have some friends and log what you do I have lost 110 pounds so far and until I found this site I was alone my friends here have been a great help and sometimes the push or shove I have needed to get going again.
  • busterrocks
    busterrocks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm so happy I found this site almost a month ago. Not only is the tool great, but the people I've "met" are so helpful and nice.

I read a quote not that long ago that said, "Why would you choose failure, when success is an option?". We can all choose the option to succeed at this, especially given the tools and people on here available to help. Good luck with your journey and feel free to add me as a friend!! :smile:
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club, we alot in common when it comes to those 200 numbers!! Beforeing joining i had lost about 20 lbs but found myself going back to old ways... Great place to get moving ! Ive only been here for 3 weeks and im already in the 180's !! Feel free to add me and lets do this !!!!
  • angelxxoh
    Options
    You and I are almost in the same situation, but im loosing weight to finally get pregnant. I was up to 248, and was down to 190 and got "too proud" and before i knew it, i was back at 210 and devastated. It is my 3rd day "back on track" so maybe we can keep up and encourage each other. I wish you the best of luck. It isn't easy...
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can do it, It is possible! And try to check out the success stories once in a while, it will keep you motivated!
  • kris3800
    Options
    I love your quote - it is so true. I understand your struggle and wish you the best of luck!
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place to get support and help. I also have struggled with my weight my entire life. At my highest I was 320, I lost about 140 lbs and joined the army. I was doing great and then an injury put a halt on all my exercising. I went back up to 210 and am so unhappy. I have found this site has made me accountable for my actions and weight loss. Good luck.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome To MFP we can do this yes we can,
    Feel free to add me!
  • Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ditto!
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi, Yes I will add you as a friend! I started this journey 70 days ago and lost 16 lbs. so far! have another 20 to go..thuis is by far the best site I have ever did a plan with and kept to it! Not only are the ppl. here great with the moral support but it tracks everything and makes it so simple to use, and love doing my exercises cuz it allows me to eat a little extra on the days I need too! Hoppe it works for you, its working for me!!! And I too have been on every diet known to mankind! From a-z including gastric-bypass surgery, and I still gained back weight after that, not all of it but 40 lbs of it!!! stay within your calorie range and you will lose!! Dont get frustrated cuz it isnt coming off as quick as you want it and you will surely be a winner! Even if you dont lose 1 week, and u stick to your guns the following week will pay up for it!!! Best of luck and follow your quote below!!! Geri:flowerforyou:
  • Mommy1182
    Options
    I agree to being held accountable it is only day 4 for me. I caught myself on day one second guessing my choices because I didn't want to log them!! Great tool
  • lemonhead1
    lemonhead1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW! We sound so similar - wierd?!? I'm on day 5 .................... lets get this done - together!!
  • lindseytienhaara
    Options
    Welcome! this is a great site! Good luck