I DID IT!

Options
Mom2rh
Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
I reached my GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL! Woo hoo!

Edited to add that I am 5'10" Also went from a tight size 8 and sometimes size 10 to a loose size 6 and sometimes a 4!

March 2011: 168

P3180161.jpg

Barcelona, Spain.

Came home, changed how I ate and started exercising more regularly. I had always eaten fairly healthy. Exercised fairly regularly. I had slacked a little. But the main thing that caused my weight gain, I believe, was the hormonal changes. I lost weight a few years ago just by using portion control. I started back to portion control in January to get ready for my trip to Europe. Didn't do a thing for me.

After doing some reading about menopausal women, I decided to reduce the one thing I LOVE and swore I never would cut out...carbs! I love my bread and cookies! But I cut most of that out. I get most of my carbs with fruits and vegetables. I also discovered Nu Go bars which are high protein and yummy. I eat more protein. I eat often. I snack all the time. I did NOT give up my wine. I briefly gave up diet sodas but I have a HUGE amount of stress in my life right now and for some reason the diet sodas are a bit more acceptable mid day than wine would be.

For exercise I walked and ran at the beginning. I did a challenge in September to run 100 miles and I made it. So a lot of my runs were long (for me)...6 miles.

I plateaued. I mixed up my eating. I had "splurge" meals but never went overboard. I would go out to eat, and order salads with dressing on the side, simply prepared (but with sauces, yum) protein like fish or steak. I'd usually skip the carb that came with the meal. I ate pizza occasionally.

This month I started an exercise class with some friends at our gym and a trainer. That really busted my plateau. I started losing weight again with this change. It's called Cross Fit and we do lots of squats, lunges...interval training basically.

So this morning I weighed myself and I had finally hit my driver's license weight! Woot! 145 lbs!!!!

I don't have a picture from this morning but here is a recent one from my girls trip to Hawaii...just got back last Wednesday so managed to hit my goal this week even with traveling!

IMG_0138.jpg

I'm on the left...after a great run along the beach. As you can see, I've still got some pooch I need to work on.

I'm going to keep trying to lose. See what 140 lbs looks like on me. I'm going to keep working out because I feel awesome and I'm getting stronger.

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    you look great! :drinker:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    you look BEAUTIFUL! :flowerforyou:
  • lovessweets
    Options
    Thats such a great story, Well done for telling it and doing so well. You look great. Your such an Inspiration thanks for sharing.
  • kimber_av
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! You look amazing. that must feel so great!
  • Redbone000
    Redbone000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB! You look fantastic!!!
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    excellent...you must be so proud of yourself!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It wasn't a lot of weight and it took a long time...but it's a lifestyle! I know I will have to keep it up!
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well done - it is fabulous to see someone get to goal!! Personally, I don't think you need worry about those extra 5lbs, you look great!! Thanks for sharing your story!! xx :flowerforyou:
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    thats so awsome a great read and a great weight loss well done :drinker:
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look amazing and good for you to take a run while on vacation! :)
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success!! You look amazing!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look totally different. Great job! What a sense of accomplishment! Thanks for the story too....
  • gzgirl
    gzgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YAHOO!!!!! Great job. Great motivation for me!!! I want to lose 10lbs by December 1, my big 50.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Leegree
    Leegree Posts: 24
    Options
    wonderful!!!!!!!!!!
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    Yay!!! U look AWESOME:)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay1 WTG!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Marswar
    Marswar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG. You look GREAAAAAT!!!!!!!! Keep pushing it.
  • MaryTuttle
    MaryTuttle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for the inspiration...good wishes for your journey!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!