I love Chicken (recipes?)

Laineegrrl
Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
I love chicken breast. Any low cal recommendations on how to change it up?

Replies

• RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    put some spicy tomato sauce while in the pan and top with a little mild cheddar. super good.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Mix together a TB of soy sauce, a TB of honey, two tsp dijon mustard, a splash of olive oil and a tsp brown sugar. Pour into ziplock bag with chopped garlic and ginger and chicken, and refrigerate overnight or at least for an hour.

TO change it up, get some premade sauces: I use Iron Chef Orange Ginger, soy ginger from Whole foods, Lawry's sesame ginger, ready-made spice mixes like Adobo, stuff like that. You use the dry stuff before cooking, (broil or grill) and the bottled stuff afterward.

You can do the same with salmon or pork.
  • ali139
    ali139 Posts: 17
    I love chicken breast too! Got a few things, I like to do:

Bake it in a foil parcel with coriander/cilantro, little bit of lemon juice, onion, black pepper and if you like then green chillies too. (this works well with fish too)

Seal the chicken breast in a pan, then add chopped onions then add chopped tinned or fresh tomatoes, mixed herbs (dried or fresh) , makes a tomatoey sauce gor the chicken. I sometimes also add chopped aubergine and peppers and courgettes too or tined beans.

Butterfly the chicken breast to its thin, marinade in a sauce (soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chilli (optional) ), dip in egg then cover with sesame seeds, cook in pan on medium heat.

I also have packs of peri-peri seasoning which i just shake onto the chicken and grill that's quick and easy nd very good!

hope that helps!