new, looking for friendly people!

Options
Hi all, I'm both new to this forum and new to the whole watching what I eat malarkey.

Because of that I thought I had better say hi and meet some people because my phone keeps telling me I'll lose more weight If I have friends.

Replies

• curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Look no further! hehe

Welcome!
  • callmejon
    callmejon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks!

Whats the community like on here? And is it predominantly a U.S site?
  • wmlpd6
    wmlpd6 Posts: 135
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I joined the site to support a friend in her weight loss journey. I have been on both sides of the weight issue.
    I have actually learned some stuff about nutrition on here. Good luck with your goals and feel free to send a friend request if you like. My name is Will.
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • callmejon
    Options
    Hi Will, nice to meet you.

Thats the sort of thing I'd like to find out. I'm not much of a fatty food eater, but for years my excuse has been that "i'm a growing lad" and thus always had seconds. and thirds. and desert.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks!

Whats the community like on here? And is it predominantly a U.S site?

Welcome. I think it is mostly US users, but there's people from all over too.
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Hey, welcome!! I'm from Canada, and I've met a LOT of people on here from other countries. Feel free to add me!

Nikki
  • callmejon
    Options
    Hi hi!
    And there I was thinking that nobody would chat on here!
  • Betsy357
    Options
    Hi, I am a single mother looking for friends and support. I live in the Columbus Ohio area so would like to have friend close by but friends from around the world would be great also. Hope to hear from someone soon.:smile:
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :) I'm new too...and so far, so good. This site seems great!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! =)
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    welcome...feel free to add me:smile:
  • jo2907
    jo2907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site!

I'm based in the UK, but will always welcome new friends from wherever! so feel free to send me a request!

I gained my weight from being the takeaway queen, lol and also addicted to fries covered in loads of cheese! but i'm slowly getting back on the healthy eating wagon and losing the weight i gained

good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • esco76
    esco76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I am somewhat new too.
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome from the UK!

MFP is a great with lots of friendly,motivational and inspiring people.

Feel free to add :-)
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! MFP friends have been awesome and do help keep me going! Feel free to add me if you would like. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    Welcome day three on here for me.. i am from new zealand... and i love this site.. i feel at home here...
  • callmejon
    Options
    It certainly is friendly on here!
    When I was jogging before my phone was popping off with updates from here!
    Brilliant
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to think of a way to say the same thing that everyone else has been saying without sounding like I'm copying someone, but I can't! So welcome and hi! :happy: