Needing Healthy Soft Foods!

Options
Okay, so this week I broke my thumb and my tooth! Yay for a disaster prone week, I'm on soft foods till I get into the dentist, and for 1-2 weeks after that while I have my temporary in.

The only healthy-ish soft food I can think of is sweet potato, anyone else have options? Also, as a full time student and employee I'm looking for quick too! I just don't have time to be cooking soup every night!

Restaurant Options would be great too, if anyone knows of anything at some of the larger chains!

Thanks!!
Dee

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, applesauce...yum.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    yogurt
    applesauce
    soup
    cottage cheese
    cooked veggies (you can sorta mash them up)
    bananas
    oatmeal
    cream of wheat

when i got my wisdom teeth out, i ate a lot of baby food (i recommend bananas and pears and blueberries!) and Boost. the sugar content is kinda high but i got the high protein kind so it kept me full for a while.
  • Red5446
    Red5446 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That sounds awful! Canned beans are pretty soft and you can eat them with tortillas. Also cooked legumes and rice. Vigo makes rice and beans in a bag that cook in 20 minutes and rock your face! At least, the red bean variety does. And you can totally leave out the fat that they suggest adding. Also, pasta with jarred sauces are quick and easy and soft! Good luck!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    OW! Sorry to hear about you!

Soft foods...
    lentils
    canned chicken and dumplings (not low cal, but good when you're feeling puny)
    cottage cheese
    brown rice
    srambled eggs
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to be on soft foods? I had a broken tooth that I couldn't afford to fix for several months and I didn't have to eat only soft foods. When I got my temporary put in place, I had to wait 4 hours before eating, then 1 day before eating regular foods. . . a months worth of soft foods seems a little overboard, I'd ask another dentist. . . as far as soft foods go: oatmeal, soups, bananas, and eggs. . . .