Workout for hubby to start with

Options
My husband has finally decided to give working out a try, after months of me trying to get him to. He is not completely out of shape but has a few pounds to lose and could use the mood boost. But when I started I used Leslie Sansone videos and he is not too interested in starting there. What would be suggested for a man to start out?

Replies

• wish3s
    wish3s Posts: 14
    Options
    My bf likes to do the 30DS with me.
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    my husband does ripped in 30...
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    He will probably like Tae Bo by Billy Blankssome ofyou can find some of his workout in youtube
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Really depends on his current fitness level.

If it is non existent, then walking with you will help.
    Calisthenics, pushups, situps, etc on his own.

If he isn't completely out of shape, and wants to try a DVD, borrow some P90x or something from a friend. (wasting 100$ on it if he is going to quit isn't really worth it, unless of course YOU are going to get into p90x with him!)
  • slickracer
    Options
    Mountain biking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beyond that maybe P90X.
  • KLLever
    KLLever Posts: 39
    Options
    On his own, my husband likes to run, swim, row, elliptical and lift weights. Together, we walk our dog, ride bikes and go hiking. Hiking is our favorite thing to do together for exercise. Since your husband is just starting out, I would suggest things you guys can do together. It's more fun and you can keep each other motivated :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Go to the link in my signature...halfway down the first page is a layout of the workout I used to go from 210lbs+ to 175lbs in about 3mos.

It's all bodyweight, and can be done at home, 30-45 minutes a session, 3 sessions a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday worked best for me). There's before and after, as well as progression pictures in the thread.

Hope that helps!
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Whatever he does he should stretch and look in to joint mobility exercises as well. Most of us are stiff and the fastest way to end a fitness journey is with a demoralizing muscle pull or other injury.