What a difference......

Options
I have to say that I love this site! Tracking what you eat, how much water you drink, and exercise is great! It has been almost 3 weeks and I have lost 5 pounds, and about 2 1/2 inches off my stomach and hips! At first I was a little discouraged because the scale wasn't budging BUT I could see and feel the difference. Funny thing is when I would eat good for the most part and then have a cheat meal that day, I would actually lose more weight on the scale the next day! I am in this for the long haul though........ so if it takes longer to get to my goal, I'm ok with that cause I know that I am doing it the right way and not feeling deprived. My legs have even gotten smaller! Thank you MFP for this site! :) Anyone else notice that if you eat good for the most part and then have a cheat meal or candy bar that you actually lose more weight??

Replies

• marielladear
    Options
    Personally YES!
    I have cheat weeks (not great), but I notice that if I do have cheat days, the weight melts off more easily than if I keep going with healthy eating! I maintain it as a lifestyle change, but yeahhh! I thought i was the only one!!!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this. Wednesday night I had a Five Guys burger, 3/4 of an order of fries and dessert at the Coldstone Creamery next door and figured that my Friday morning weigh in was screwed from water retention if nothing else and I was down 1.4 lbs. I've got my goals set at 1 lb/per week so I was very pleased:)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    My system is to snack healthy 3 weeks of the month and allow chocolate at TOTM cos I get cravings.. I also allow more carbs as usually gluten free/low carb most of the month.. in the other weeks I throw in a jacket spud or a portion of rice and rest of days substitute them for something else. .. so have a 'cheat meal' once a week when I'm usually on 1200 cals and a cheat week one week of the month with PMT!

I have seen a difference first 4 months on my old diet took 4 months to lose the first 9lb, last 5 weeks last 9lb! .. so I'm definitely sticking to it!! :happy:
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    This reminds me of a guy I saw on Dr. Oz that was selling a book (I think) and he mentioned eating healthy for a week (or maybe it was many weeks) and then having a cheat day & you'd lose more that way. I honestly can't remember everything because it was quite a while ago & I didn't pay close enough attention to what he was saying but maybe someone else will know who that guy was....
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    Yes...I experience this all the time. This is why I've incorporated a cheat day a week for me. I don't go overboard, but it helps and I don't feel like I've deprived.