BodyMedia/BodyBugg vs Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I have a BodyMedia (same thing as a BodyBugg) but need to start tracking my heart rate while exercising. Does anyone know if there will be any conflict with wearing them together? Does anyone currently use both?

Replies

• krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have them both... but don't wear them together. I totally prefer my HRM.
    Honestly I only stuck with the body bug for a short time and after I got my initial information (how much I typically burn in an average day) I don't use it. How long have you used the bugg? I am no longer a member of the site... :( are you?
  • deannarey13
    Options
    Yes, I have had my BodyMedia since May. I had a Polar before the BM, but wanted more information. Now I am finding that I need to know my heart rate while I am working out, not just the calories burned.

So, is there interference or something if you wear them at the same time?
  • krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't think so... pretty sure they are on a different... for lack of the correct term 'frequency'. I know when I wear my Polar the machines at the gym pick it up as well as my watch. However, when I wear my bugg the machines do not register it....but I haven't worn them together.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    Okay, thanks. That's what I am thinking but don't know for sure. I can't find anything on their site.

Anyone wear them together or know for sure if they shouldn't be?
  • deannarey13
    Options
    Bump????
  • tkeller3
    tkeller3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have worn them together and hae no issues with it. I like seeing my heart rate while working out to make sure I am working hard enough. Also I wear my polar heart rate monitori in the pool and you can't do that with the bodymedia.

Hope that helps!