how much weight will my husband lose?

Options
How much weight could my husband lose if he burns 600 cals a day doing "insanity" and eats 1800 cals a day?

He is 5'5 and weighs 220lbs
he's trying to drop 60 lbs to join the army

thanks

Replies

• Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses weight differently. Men seem to lose it faster than woman. My friend used to drop about 5 pounds a week if he didnt drink alcohol.... So who knows.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Probably 2-3 lbs a week.
  • slickracer
    Options
    Fat is about 3200 calories a pound and men can burn 2000 to 2500 cal a day. It's all math beyond that in an ideal world.

As Jessica stated everyone loses at a different rate so you can't rely on a date.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Without exercise, diet along will yield roughly 1 lb per week. Shoot for a year. Remember the Army is downsizing big time over the next couple of years. Looking to get rid of 90k + soldiers in the near future.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Fat is about 3200 calories a pound and men can burn 2000 to 2500 cal a day. It's all math beyond that in an ideal world.

As Jessica stated everyone loses at a different rate so you can't rely on a date.

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Does he not have a MFP account? If he creates and account with his personal weight/height/etc and logs 1800 calories consumed and 600 calorie workout, the site then tells you how much weight you should lose in 5 weeks if you continue with every day the same. He doesn't have to log every single food item if he doesn't want to, you can 'quick add calories' if you just have a rough estimate of the calories you ate. In my experience it's a pretty good estimate if you are fairly consistent with your daily net calories. Or you can quickly do it for him now and then if he isn't into 'tracking' everything online, just to get an estimate.
  • LeihaS
    LeihaS Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    he does have a MFP account-I was just trying to see if anyone could help me w/ the math. I wasn't sure how much he burns for his BMR.

He is going to start the work out by beachbody called insanity (and i've read you burn about 600 cals doing that)
    I also read that men shouldn't consume less than 1800 cals a day- so that's what we want him to stick to so he can drop the weight.

He's already met w/ the recruiter and as soon as he drops the weight he will be able to join- whether or not the army is downsizing :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    MFP has the BMR calculator, too. :-)

Good luck to your DH in his efforts! It will be well worth it.
  • LeihaS
    LeihaS Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thanks! he just bought a gym membership to go w/ MFP and "insanity"
    he's gonna work out and eat biggest loser style

his body fat is actually in the right range for him to join
    so he's just strengthening and trying to lose what he can