Here I go again

Options
I am 42 and weigh about 60 pounds more then all the charts say I should. My body aches and I have trouble sleeping. I need to get heathly. I have diabetis and the doctor says if I lose 20 pounds I can controll it with diet and no more medicine. My journey has been a roller coaster. I see that 185 ( I am 184 now) and panic. I get motivated and workout and eat right until I get down 10-15 pounds then it never fails that life throughs an obstical in my way and my motivation, workouts and goos eating habits stop.

I truly want to reach my goal and am hoping the type of support offered here will help me not let life's set backs stop me.

Jodie

Replies

• PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. Good luck and I hope the site helps you. Ive been on it almost a week and I can tell that it definitely makes a difference in my motivation and attitude. The food journal is really great in particular!
  • SexiB
    SexiB Posts: 46
    Options
    Sound like me..lol...well add me and we can he'll motivate each other...:-)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You will love it here! The people on here are awesome and so full of support and helpful ideas that you can't help but be motivated. I have the same problem, life loves to throw lemons at my head and i have a hard time staying motivated. I have had that problem for the last few months, but for the first time ever I have almost stayed on course. I've tried diet plans and diet sites and usually once I lose the motivation I just forget the diet or the site. But not MFP. I've been on every day and I'm getting my mojo back and it's all because of the wonderful people I've met on here. Even when you fall off the wagon they support you and help lift you back on. Definitely give it a try! If you're looking for friends, feel free to add me and good luck on your journey!
  • rockytu
    rockytu Posts: 18
    Options
    that was me everytime i would start to drop weight about 2 months in i would get lazy.i never had a support group like this.it works.i have lost 30lbs. and been doing it for 3 months.you can do this:happy:
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodie,

I'm Sue and 43 and still new to the MFP program, but I've been following a diet and exercise plan on my own for about 18 months off and on now....

I LOVE this program and all of the strategies and tools that are available through it.... I've been using it on my phone for a couple of weeks now and find it a huge help in keeping myself honest and aware of what is going into and coming off of my body.... I finally feel like I'm in control of what's going on instead of along for that horrible out of control ride I've been on all my life!

If you want a partner I would love to add you as a friend and we can keep each other honest and motivated! I started my journey at 320 pounds and this morning weighed in at 185 so we are right about the same weight and age......

Good luck either way,
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodie, I'm Jody :-) Welcome to the site!! I do not have diabetes, but in April when I had my last physical, my labs showed that I had very high triglycerides and high cholesterol. I had NEVER had this problem before and did not want to go on medication. I'm 56 and knew I was overweight and too sedentary (4'11" and 164 lbs.) so I told my doctor that I was going to get in shape and lose weight. I told him that I would do blood work again in 4 months.

Well I joined this site in June ( I don't work in the summer ) hooked up with a trainer at my club and am happy to say that in addition to my weight and inches lost I totally reversed any signs of cholesterol or triglyceride issues!!!!!

This is a site where you will get great info and great support. You will learn how to treat your body well so that your body will be well for you. You can get off those meds and you will feel so much better once you get back in shape. I started gaining when I was 46 years old as I started a very lengthy (9year) perimenopause so NOW is the time for you to do this. I would be happy to be a friend and lend support...feel free to send me a request :-)
  • active52
    Options
    I think you are in the right place, we have to help eachother.
    Lisa