Worst Halloween Candy

Options
Found this article since some may be tempted to raid the kiddo's candy! Here is the link to the worst candies list:

http://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com/slide/5-worst-fun-size-candy-bar?slideshow=185599#sharetagsfocus

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    The worst Halloween Candy is candy corn. It tastes awful.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think the worst is that taffy crap in the wrappers that have black cats and witches on them. It's barely even candy. It's Halloween sadness in wrappers.
  • michelleb148
    michelleb148 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Cooking light had a table on this. According to them, Reese's are the worst and Laffy Taffy is the "best". I think the analysis compared sugar and fat
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I like all candy, hence the reason I'm fat.
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    All that article did was make me want a butterfinger. :-(
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I think the worst is that taffy crap in the wrappers that have black cats and witches on them. It's barely even candy. It's Halloween sadness in wrappers.

LOL I so agree, as well as those "Rocket" things that are like sugar pellets, I always used them as play food for my Barbies when I was younger.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Interesting article. I've consumed many, many of those twix mini bars in the past.

As you mentioned, "some may be tempted to raid the kiddo's candy"; so my wife and I are taking a new approach this year. Not only do we recognize that it's unhealthy for us to eat that type of candy, we recognize that it's unhealthy for our children to eat it as well (why would we let them eat it when we know how bad it is?).

This year our kids will be donating their candy to needy children (just because we won't be eating it, doesn't mean it needs to go to waste). Surprisingly, the kids are on board with this idea, which is important, because we don't want to make them feel like they are missing out. We will be replacing their candy collected through trick or treating with healthier alternatives (such as coconut/carob macaroons, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, etc).
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Applesbd
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options

+1 - lol
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I like the one where they compare eating AirHeads to Dum Dum suckers. Any "sucker" is going to slow a person down and prolong that sweet taste. I prefer Tootsie Pops, might be a little more calorie heavy but I think it's only 25 calories a pop.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Ugh this is awful - the office I work at is always loaded with candy... especially this time of year. My biggest weakness is the milky way fun size bars, york patties, and yes... reeses. Gah. Fortunately right now I've kept it out of the house at home, so if I manage to resist all day it's not there when I get home at least.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    The candy that comes wrapped in either black or orange. Yuck! I think its a taffy or something. I used to throw them out right away/
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

What? That's just crazy talk. And I don't know why they said Reese's is the worst when it is clearly the best. Yum!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Too bad the worst taste the best! Eh, walk 3 miles while getting candy and you can a eat a couple with no bad result.
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The best Halloween candy is that which is not in my house... Especially chocolate-based candy. I will eat the whole bag.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i totally agree the worst halloween candy is the crap wrapped in the black and orange wrappers. talk about disgusting! candy corn for the WIN :P
  • shunta864
    Options
    The candy that comes wrapped in either black or orange. Yuck! I think its a taffy or something. I used to throw them out right away/

Those are Mary Jane's. Its a peanut butter candy and I love those things! Lol
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Rockets! Hands down.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

OMG candy corn is my favorite!
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    lol i love candy corn!