anyone try hypnosis

I used Paul McKenna's easy weight loss when I started MFP and the next day I was reaching for tomatos instead of the usual junk and WANTED to run haha..... this was huge for me cuz I haven't eaten raw tomatos like ever (thought they tasted bad).... and I had no motivation to start running.... now I'm addicted to running and tomatos...

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    I think I was hypnotized reading this.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    I haven't heard of this. Can you tell me more about it? It sounds interesting!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    tried hypnosis, didnt work for me. (was interested in becoming a practitioner)

i think it attracts people because it seems like an easy way out. but really, we have the power to do this without beliveing its due to "hynosis"
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 749 Member
    He had a small series on TLC a few years back where he taught how overeating was based on emotions and sight and showed how to recognize this and how hypnosis can help - its called "I can make you thin." And he has a bunch of other videos where he actually does hypnotize you.... I know they're working because I've used it maybe 4 times so far and each time I either went in a trance or fell asleep.... when I went over the content of the sessions after I didn't remember the majority if what was said but the changes in my behavior were immediate... like literally I had no desire for junk food and was reaching for tomatos as my first choice the next day... and I've never been as motivated to run over the past 4 years.... You can find some of the stuff on bittorrent or buy them online. I wouldn't pay for in-person hypnosis sessions though as they all basically follow the same format and Paul McKenna is one of the more established hypnotists.
  • gashinshotan
    Maybe you didn't believe in it enough because a large part of it is a "placebo" effect where you believe in the power of suggestion so it actually does work... there's a lot of published studies on its effects on weightless online.
    tried hypnosis, didnt work for me. (was interested in becoming a practitioner)

i think it attracts people because it seems like an easy way out. but really, we have the power to do this without beliveing its due to "hynosis"
  • I've tried the "Lose Weight" hypnosis app on my Ipod...seems to work. I've made some different eating choices because of it. When I'm thinking about a snack some of the inputs come back to me like "I reject sickningly sweet foods"...sorta seems weird but it works.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Believing in yourself is half the battle, but I wouldn't let some doctor mindbender muck with my brain. Selfhelp recordings work for some people. Just spend the time reading some books on health and nutrition and learn how and why it works then you'll be a true believer.
  • gashinshotan
    Ha everytime you read something aren't you hypnotized?
    I think I was hypnotized reading this.
  • sarkris
    sarkris Posts: 41
    Yes the Paul McKenna one is fantastic. I've tried a few other hypnosis tracks but his is the best - like you said it makes you WANT healthy food and excercise. I lost 38 pounds when I listened to that track every night. I say don't knock it till you try it :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Yes the Paul McKenna one is fantastic. I've tried a few other hypnosis tracks but his is the best - like you said it makes you WANT healthy food and excercise. I lost 38 pounds when I listened to that track every night. I say don't knock it till you try it :)
    And when you stopped listening to it every night, did your healthy eating continue? If it's not permanent then what's the point really.
  • gashinshotan
    Hmm maybe they have it for android
    I've tried the "Lose Weight" hypnosis app on my Ipod...seems to work. I've made some different eating choices because of it. When I'm thinking about a snack some of the inputs come back to me like "I reject sickningly sweet foods"...sorta seems weird but it works.
  • gashinshotan
    There's some studies on this.... I would also like to know this but even if its temporary it would be great tool. So far though the suggestions have stuck with me.
    And when you stopped listening to it every night, did your healthy eating continue? If it's not permanent then what's the point really.
  • sarkris
    sarkris Posts: 41

The point is that I am no longer 240 pounds. And it made my loss EASY. I did gain 8 lbs back over the 9 months that I wasn't listening to it. I'm going to start up again cause it really did help. And just like with eating right and exercising - you can't expect to do it for just a couple months to have permanent results. You have to keep doing what works in order to sustain weightloss. It's no magic bullet but it is a great tool.
  • gashinshotan
    Wow that's amazing results and you only gained 8 pounds which is practically nothing! Most people gain much more than that when stopping their healthy eating and exercise so I'd say it was highly effective for you. Hope to see the same results :). Thanks for sharing.

The point is that I am no longer 240 pounds. And it made my loss EASY. I did gain 8 lbs back over the 9 months that I wasn't listening to it. I'm going to start up again cause it really did help. And just like with eating right and exercising - you can't expect to do it for just a couple months to have permanent results. You have to keep doing what works in order to sustain weightloss. It's no magic bullet but it is a great tool.