Calorie Count??

Options
So I fell and broke my ankle a few weeks ago and can't put weight on that foot/leg for a while :o( Which for me means no exercise either for the time being. I'm wondering if I should decrease my total calorie intake for now while i'm not exercising. I can't do too much right now and I'm scared i'm going to gain a ton of weight because i'm just basically sitting here. I'm also the type that generally has to eat properly and work-out in order to lose weight. Any suggestions would be great :o)

Replies

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You can set your MFP account to sedentary and no exercise and you'll be fine. Any exercise calories you are burning you should be eating back anyway but just make sure that you set yourself to sedentary if you are going to be sitting a lot more. I hope you heal fast!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I sprained my ankle over the summer and couldn't exercise for about two weeks. I changed my settings to maintaining, and when I did change it back to losing weight, it was when I could do minimal cardio by swimming. Feel better!!!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You can still do upper body exercises, and its better than nothing. Google upper body exercises and see which ones you can do. Also you can set your activity level to sedentary, and follow those calories. If you get some exercise in then you can eat a little more. :)
  • dlsfarris
    dlsfarris Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too had the same problem. I was laid up in bed for a while with a foot injury. I lowered my activiety to sedentary and that lowered by calorie count. I also found things I could do in a sitting postion or on my bed. I know exercising in bed sound silly.... cept for the obvious exercize you can do in bed :P ANY way :D My point is it can be done.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that you can do upper body. sit in a chair and you can lift weights, etc. At least it burns some and makes you feel that you're not abandoning your efforts altogether!
  • Janevmeer
    Options
    what about treading water or wearing a weight belt in a pool or even better--therapy or diving pool?
  • sassynurse19
    sassynurse19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! thanks everyone :o) I just changed my settings so we'll see how it works out. I've thought of doing exercises for upper body too, but haven't done any yet :o( Maybe I'll google it or go on youtube and see what they've got

"Janevmeer" - I can't go in the water yet, I still have a cast on my leg! Hopefully soon though.
  • Janevmeer
    Options
    Get well soon! 1st things 1st : )