Today is a new day... :-)

Options
Hi all! I am Julie.

I just found this site through my sister. She's lost about 25 lbs using this site since July, so I thought I would give it a try. I was using Weight Watchers online, but after checking this site out I think MyFitnessPal is much better (more complete, better interface, less buggy and has a mobile app). Plus free! So thanks Diana!

About 3 years ago I started my weight loss journey at the end of a long term relationship. I lost 45 lbs and started a healthy lifestyle of exercise and healthful eating. I feel great, but have stayed at my current weight for about 2 years. I am so ready to lose the last of my extra weight now! :-) Weight loss for me takes a lot of focus - I have to stick to a strict plan to lose. I have to track everything to diet and make progress.

I've already started losing again (5 lbs down) and I have 28 lbs more to get to my goal!

It's good to see that there is a great community on this site. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• slenderagain
    Options
    Hi Julie!

I'm new to this site, too. Feel free to add me. Congrats on your weight loss and good luck with getting the rest of your way to your goal!!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie....welcome!! Thia site has been so fantastic for me. The information, the food tracking and the support of new friends is fantastic!! I credit this site, my MFP friends and my trainer for my success!! I have learned how to treat my body well so it will be well for me!!
  • juliepre
    juliepre Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have been trying to restart my weight loss for the last couple of years, but with no success. Too many highly stressful events and changes to be able to keep consistent. I hope this time that it works.

Thanks for the support!
  • Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i also was with WW but I was tired of paying someone else to tell me how to lose weight. I love this site. Good luck to you Julie, you will find this site most helpful.