My first cheat meal in 2 months!

Options
From my previous posts, I refused to have my cheat meal because I was afraid that i was going to gain my weight back by not being able to control cravings and eating. I listened to everyone's opinion on having a cheat meal once a week is fine. I had my first cheat meal today in 2 months. Since I listened to my body and gave in. I had kids meal pizza,brownies and sweetened cured pork with rice.( I know that's a lot but I guess I needed it and for some reason I felt like I deserved it) I noticed that I felt more energized than before when I was restricting myself/denying myself from food and my mood was way better. Now I realized that incorporating cheat meal once a week is important and not overdoing it is the key. It's weird how I felt like I wanted to go for a run or wanted to work out after eating those. I don't feel guilty at all! I was really energized physically and mentally!

I appreciate everyone's support in myfitnesspal! Now that I had my cheat meal, I don't feel the need the want to have a crazy binge!

Has anyone felt like this before?

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    good job!

if i didn't have a cheat meal .. or a few :) then i would go mentally insane :) LOL
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation an you can eat your favorites anytime you want!
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    good job!

if i didn't have a cheat meal .. or a few :) then i would go mentally insane :) LOL

Yeah I already felt like I was insane before this, I would always think about food too! I haven't had rice in 2 months also!
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    Everything in moderation an you can eat your favorites anytime you want!

Yes! Now I learned that since yesterday! I was energetic and happy at work!
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I know, my first cheat meal is next tuesday... im so excited, i dont know where to go or what to eat.. but its gonna be good!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I love to cook, and have gotten really good at making my favorite foods with less calories, sodium ect. That way I can have my favorites and not feel guilty. This is forever for me, I can't live the rest of my life without certain things (like pizza). Now I make home made dough and sauce so I cut the calories in half (if not more).
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Once a week I allow myself a candy bar or frozen yogurt, and other nights I have a small treat. Every so often for special occasions for family visits, I'll go out to eat. What good is a lifestyle change if you can't enjoy yours favorites?! :)
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't deny myself any food as long as it fits into my calorie limits but I do have a "treat meal" every week where I don't really care about the calories. Today is chinese buffet day but I will have one plate and dessert.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    my cheat meal keeps me sane! I am a true believer!
  • cherrikim
    cherrikim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I try not to deny myself anything all together, since it always ends in overeating on that item later. A piece of advise is. if you know that's what you want then plan your food diary around it by making it fit into your calories & other numbers. This way it's not so much cheating as it is a planned meal, plus you'll still lose the weight. I always feel like exercising after eating it, it's like my body is telling me it doesn't feel right & wants to get rid of it quick. So I just try to exercise it off.
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    I don't deny myself any food as long as it fits into my calorie limits but I do have a "treat meal" every week where I don't really care about the calories. Today is chinese buffet day but I will have one plate and dessert.

YUM! buffet is my weakness! That is so challenging only getting one plate and a dessert but have fun! =)
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    I know, my first cheat meal is next tuesday... im so excited, i dont know where to go or what to eat.. but its gonna be good!

Have fun! =D I will get sushi rolls next week! Gotta work out hard first though!
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    every friday is my "cheat meal"! i weigh in that morning and i don't count calories for the rest of the day. i've found it helps my body to have a high calorie day once a week to sort of kick-start my metabolism, then i stay at my 1200 net calories for the rest of the week. i've lost 80+ lbs this way so it works for me!
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    I try not to deny myself anything all together, since it always ends in overeating on that item later. A piece of advise is. if you know that's what you want then plan your food diary around it by making it fit into your calories & other numbers. This way it's not so much cheating as it is a planned meal, plus you'll still lose the weight. I always feel like exercising after eating it, it's like my body is telling me it doesn't feel right & wants to get rid of it quick. So I just try to exercise it off.

I felt that way too! But I'm not sure if it's telling me that I need to get rid of it quick, I just had so much energy I guess the rice and pizza I had. Lol overall I had a great day yesterday
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    every friday is my "cheat meal"! i weigh in that morning and i don't count calories for the rest of the day. i've found it helps my body to have a high calorie day once a week to sort of kick-start my metabolism, then i stay at my 1200 net calories for the rest of the week. i've lost 80+ lbs this way so it works for me!

Wow that's great! I will be doing that too from now on! What was your cheat meal yesterday? Sounds very motivating =D
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    Once a week I allow myself a candy bar or frozen yogurt, and other nights I have a small treat. Every so often for special occasions for family visits, I'll go out to eat. What good is a lifestyle change if you can't enjoy yours favorites?! :)

You're right! I learned that lesson yesterday, now I'm thinking why I kept denying myself for 2 months and torturing myself for not having myself a cheat meal haha
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options

I do exactly the same and am so near my goal weight! it definetley works and keeps you going during the week aswell, if i was to ban foods completely i wouldn't of been able to enjoy losing weight defo worked for me!
  • jessashcher
    Options
    It's been 6 weeks since I started on here and I keep telling myself I am going to have a cheat day, but I find myself still counting those calories and not letting myself go over, I to think I'm going to screw up the weight I've lost. But I am up at my daughters for 4 days and we are celebrating her birthday tonight so I think I might end up going a little over cause I really want a piece of her birthday cake. But I still don't want to go over by too much.
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    It's been 6 weeks since I started on here and I keep telling myself I am going to have a cheat day, but I find myself still counting those calories and not letting myself go over, I to think I'm going to screw up the weight I've lost. But I am up at my daughters for 4 days and we are celebrating her birthday tonight so I think I might end up going a little over cause I really want a piece of her birthday cake. But I still don't want to go over by too much.

I know that feeling, just try to enjoy it! and you will feel better having it! tommorow will be a new day!