I think I had a NSV today

Options
I went to the gym to work out by myself today. Usually I get on the treadmill and walk around 3 mph for 30 minutes to an hour, just whenever I feel I am winded. Today I jumped on the eliptical machine first and pushed myself for 30 minutes. Before, I would have given up in 10 minutes because I didn't think I could go any further. At first my heart was racing, I was sweating like crazy, but I was determined I would last the entire 30 minutes. I continued to push on. Guess what? According to my heart monitor I was working in my zone by the end! I felt incredible, not tired and winded. I felt so good I went and did a few reps on the weight machines, some sit ups and some push ups. After I finished that I went to the treadmill and ran intervals for 1.4 miles. I never knew pushing through to get to your zone could feel so good!

Replies

• Woohoo!!! Good for you! I am trying to exercise more, but I need determination like yours to push through the discomfort (wouldn't even call it "pain"....just would rather be doing something else!!). Great NSV and great story! Thanks for sharing! I might use your inspiration during my next workout!!
  • missinde2015
    Options
    great job!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mbiceo
    Mbiceo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Keep it up. We're all trying and you are a good inspiration.
  • Beehiveof8
    Beehiveof8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

Dumb question... what is NSV?
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not a dumb question at all. NSV = Non scale victory
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    Awesome job!

Dumb question... what is NSV?

Non Scale Victory. Its not a dumb question. I had to ask too :happy:

And that is great progress. Well done. Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I felt that endorphine rush while exercising.... I couldn't believe what a rush it was and how worth it was to push through that exhaustion and pain to get to it...... it's the BEST high ever and oh yeah..... it helps with the weight loss too!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    but since we're asking stupid questions....... can anyone tell me what "bump' means? I'm guessing that it means you're interested in the answers too?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    That is definitely a change for the best towards good health! Congrats
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    when anyone replies to a thread it "bumps" it nearer to the top. So when someone just says "bump" its to stop the thread falling off the end of the page and getting lost