Body by vi & shakeology

Options
Ive heard a lot of interesting stuff about body by vi recently...it seems to me like shakeology is getting too pricey for people and everyones going for body by vi. Anyone have any info on body by vi? It seems to be this super healthy meal replacement shake.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I don't think anything can compare to real wholesome food personally :]

A was given body by vi from a friends mom, it tastes pretty good and is filling! I just like to eat my meals :] Lots of fiber, but not as much protein as I would like either
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    In my personal opinion it's just another fad diet getting it's 15 minutes of fame. I've lost almost 70 lbs and haven't had to use a single meal replacement that costs a crap-ton of money. Most of these diets cause you to practically starve yourself and the weight you're losing is muscle, not fat.
  • majolley
    majolley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree real food is the best way to fuel your body, but there are good products out there ... just what works for who. Not everyone is going to like one over the other or even that product will work with/for your body and goals.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    The taste good. I am going to order some to have on hand for when I am in a hurry and need something quick. I don't know that I would ever follow the program for it though. I like to eat meals!
  • hbarney
    Options
    That should have said they taste good not the...............
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Meh, I prefer meals, not replacements.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That should have said they taste good not the...............

Just so you know, next time you notice a typo too late, there is an edit button below your post that allows you to fix it! :flowerforyou: I've had to do that a lot.

As for meal replacements: I would never pay a ton of money for that stuff. I've tried the Target Market Pantry brand of weight loss shakes just out of curiosity. They were good (and cheap) but I still prefer to use real food.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have started drinking shakeology, not so much as a meal replacement or to lose weight, but for the supplemental value.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have started drinking shakeology, not so much as a meal replacement or to lose weight, but for the supplemental value.

why wold you pay that much for the supplemental value when it's woefully underdosed and uses inferior forms of the vitamins it includes?
  • TheGlen
    Options

why wold you pay that much for the supplemental value when it's woefully underdosed and uses inferior forms of the vitamins it includes?

Interesting opinion...but we disagree.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

not an opinion, compare the amounts of the add ins to actual studies which said add ins and have been shown to be beneficial and it's underdosed. also do some research on what forms of vitamins are most absorbable by the body and again compare to the label
  • hbarney
    Options
    :smile: Thanks! I don't respond very often so I don't know much about how to work things! Good to know because I am sure I will need it for the future.............
  • TheGlen
    Options

not an opinion, compare the amounts of the add ins to actual studies which said add ins and have been shown to be beneficial and it's underdosed. also do some research on what forms of vitamins are most absorbable by the body and again compare to the label

I've done my research, and our opinions differ. We don't need to agree, but I appreciate your opinion.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I started on this program almost two weeks ago. My brother is selling it, so I thought that as a good sister I should support him. :)

I have been pleasantly surprised. 4 pounds in the first week. The shakes are very filling and they help me keep my calories under control. I am going to continue to do the twice a day shakes for 30 - 60 days and then will go down to once a day. My brother has lost nearly 20 pounds in a month. He looks great.

While it seems expensive at the outset, I have found that I am spending significantly less in groceries so it is balancing out.

You can check it out at www.brianbaldus.myvi.net

Good luck!

Sorry, but advertising is against forum rules.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I dropped 20 pounds my first month, too, without expensive replacement shakes. I've been averaging about 10 pounds a month overall. *shrug*
  • danginar
    Options
    My apologies. My intent was not to advertise or sell, I was simply trying to share a success story. The posting has been removed.