Chili's (:

Options
Okay so for a celebration for yearbook we are going to a movie and eat at chilli's does anyone know of any healthy good food there? i've only had the chicken and i know thats not that healthy so any ideas?

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Last time I was there I had the margarita chicken with brown rice and black beans. Look up the info online and you can get breakdown on it. Better yet, either go to their site or type Chilis in the food search here.
  • bluangelz
    bluangelz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think they have a small healthy menu that is lower in calories and fat. has been forever since I ate there so can't remember for sure.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    They have their nutritional information online.

I know they have turkey burgers and fish - take a look at their menu and see what they have that you like and won't break the calorie bank. :)
  • larsonl2
    larsonl2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    margarita chicken with rice and black beans is 550 calories and delicious!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Margirita Chicken!
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    yep, the margarita chicken is awesome! :)
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    The sodium in Chili's food is AWFUL!!! they have lo cal options, BUT the sodium is crazy high! Maybe a salad with light dressing and grilled chicken. But for me, ever since I found out how BAD they are, I have stopped going. But I know being in HS and going out to eat as a group is important too. Just do your research in advance and plan for it.
  • oopsiedaezie
    Options
    I also had the Margarita Chicken with Brown Rice and Beans and it was pretty good; something like 550 calories.
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I ate there a week ago. I ended up having the chicken fajitas with rice and beans and no tortillas. Also left off the cheese and sour cream and stuck to the pico de gallo. I don't remember the exact calorie count now, but it fit into my day. It's in the data base.
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Go to their website and peruse their menu. They have a downloadable nutrition sheet.

http://www.chilis.com/EN/LocationSpecificPDF/MenuPDF/001.005.0000/Chilis_Nutrition_Menu_Generic.pdf

The grilled salmon and veggies is about 500 calories...

They have margarita grilled chicken and broccoli for about 400 calories, and garlic shrimp and broccoli for about 300.
  • Julz2
    Julz2 Posts: 15
    Options
    The sodium in Chili's food is AWFUL!!! they have lo cal options, BUT the sodium is crazy high! Maybe a salad with light dressing and grilled chicken. But for me, ever since I found out how BAD they are, I have stopped going. But I know being in HS and going out to eat as a group is important too. Just do your research in advance and plan for it.

I agree. The only thing that I found healthy on the menu is a kids ckn platter w/ broccoli no butter. I always tell them I will pay for my drink seprate and have no problems.
  • kaybay1994
    Options
    thanks everyone for the suggestions. I really didn't want to eat here but the whole group wanted it so i figured the least i could do was work with it and find the one thing with the cheapest calories that i would like so thanks alot! (:
  • kaybay1994
    Options
    Does anyone have opinions on the pepper pal's grilled chicken platter or grilled chicken sandwich.
    the sandwich is 230
    the platter 160
  • Julz2
    Julz2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Does anyone have opinions on the pepper pal's grilled chicken platter or grilled chicken sandwich.
    the sandwich is 230
    the platter 160

I loved it and found it to be filling. That is the only thing I eat there is the pepper pal ckn platter.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Guiltless Grill Sirloin with broccoli = 370 calories
    Margarita Chicken = 550 calories.

Those are my 2 choices when I go there!!!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I like the Caribbean Salad but substitute with romaine lettuce. Online it says 610 (chicken) or 590 (shrimp) but that includes the cup and a half of dressing they add. I swear there is more dressing than salad on those things. Take off the dressing and save 200 cals and 17g of fat. I ask for it on the side and put a spoonful in. Or try it with fat free honey mustard.