One Step Ahead Challenge (PEDOMETER CHALLENGE)

Options

Replies

• Jhunte05
    Jhunte05 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im definitly with you! I am only a bit over a month in my life style changes and therefore will be starting out with a smaller goal but want to end up with 14-15000 by end of week 4. This will definitly be a challenge sense its getting cold but I can do it and will learn from it.
    Wk 1: 8,000
    Wk 2: 10,000
    Wk 3: 12,000
    Wk 4: 14-15,000

Thanks for the challenge...

Jenni
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I decided to start wearing my pedometer yesterday so that when Monday rolls around I will already be in the habit of grabbing it in the morning. I'm here to tell you that a one hour Zumba class adds some serious steps to your day! I ended up yesterday with 11,358!

Bring on Monday! I am ready to tackle the challenge!
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ugh - I looked for my pedometer in the place where I thought it was today and I couldn't find it. :( I found another one in there but the battery is dead. :p Guess I have some shopping/searching to do before Monday...
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I pushed myself and got to 11,171.

So I'm going to go with 12,000 on the weekdays and 10,000 on weekends.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Bought my pedometor on Amazon yesterday, I hope it comes by Monday! :( eeeeek

Yayyy glad you bought it! If you don't get it by Monday you can start the day it gets there!!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Im definitly with you! I am only a bit over a month in my life style changes and therefore will be starting out with a smaller goal but want to end up with 14-15000 by end of week 4. This will definitly be a challenge sense its getting cold but I can do it and will learn from it.
    Wk 1: 8,000
    Wk 2: 10,000
    Wk 3: 12,000
    Wk 4: 14-15,000

Thanks for the challenge...

Jenni

I love your goals! Glad you're joining us!!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I decided to start wearing my pedometer yesterday so that when Monday rolls around I will already be in the habit of grabbing it in the morning. I'm here to tell you that a one hour Zumba class adds some serious steps to your day! I ended up yesterday with 11,358!

Bring on Monday! I am ready to tackle the challenge!

Yayyyy for Zumba!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Ugh - I looked for my pedometer in the place where I thought it was today and I couldn't find it. :( I found another one in there but the battery is dead. :p Guess I have some shopping/searching to do before Monday...

I hope you find it or are able to get one! We've got some walking to do!!! ;-)
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Yesterday I pushed myself and got to 11,171.

So I'm going to go with 12,000 on the weekdays and 10,000 on weekends.

Great goals!!!
  • BFit4U
    BFit4U Posts: 7
    Options
    I am going to join in on this challenge as well. Husband and I have to run some errands later tonight so I'll pick up a pedometer while I am out. I already take a class called Body Flow 3 times a week but that is a combination of yoga, tai-chi and pilates so more focused on core, full body strength and flexibility not so much "cardio." I have to have knee surgery after the holidays and am not permitted to do the classes I love until 6-8 weeks POST surgery (Body Jam, Body Step, Zumba and Sh'Bam) so I am going to have to get movement in somehow. I think that this challenge will force me to keep moving in a way I am not so much used to. I am very dependent on my classes to keep me fit and without them and a desk job in IT this holiday season could be terrible for the weight loss goals. I purchased "Walk at Home" by Leslie Sansone so I can at least get a 5 mile walk in every day and not kill my knee. Other than Body Flow I am only allowed to walk. Unfortunately the road and treadmill are too much impact for me....sneakers on carpet though...I am ok :-) Enough babble. My goal is to walk 15K steps per day M-F, do Body Flow 2 times a week (T/TH) and then on the weekend aim for 10K steps per day and Body Flow on Sunday. Any recommendations on a good pedometer?
  • projectkristy
    projectkristy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I'm not sure how many steps I need. I'll set my goal at 8000 steps and go from there. I'm looking forward to getting started.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Yay - got my pedometer on Friday so I wore it today. It was a particularly active Saturday for me and got to about 6500 steps. Seems low compared to everyone's goals. I think my weekend goal will be 7,000 steps; weekday is going to be difficult to measure until Monday so I think I'll measure Monday and go from there. I'm ready to go!!! :bigsmile:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I am going to join in on this challenge as well. Husband and I have to run some errands later tonight so I'll pick up a pedometer while I am out. I already take a class called Body Flow 3 times a week but that is a combination of yoga, tai-chi and pilates so more focused on core, full body strength and flexibility not so much "cardio." I have to have knee surgery after the holidays and am not permitted to do the classes I love until 6-8 weeks POST surgery (Body Jam, Body Step, Zumba and Sh'Bam) so I am going to have to get movement in somehow. I think that this challenge will force me to keep moving in a way I am not so much used to. I am very dependent on my classes to keep me fit and without them and a desk job in IT this holiday season could be terrible for the weight loss goals. I purchased "Walk at Home" by Leslie Sansone so I can at least get a 5 mile walk in every day and not kill my knee. Other than Body Flow I am only allowed to walk. Unfortunately the road and treadmill are too much impact for me....sneakers on carpet though...I am ok :-) Enough babble. My goal is to walk 15K steps per day M-F, do Body Flow 2 times a week (T/TH) and then on the weekend aim for 10K steps per day and Body Flow on Sunday. Any recommendations on a good pedometer?

There are lots of good pedometers out there and you can get them rather inexpensively. I have an Omron pocket pedometer which I think you can find online for $30 on Amazon. I've used mine for months and find it to be very accurate plus it tracks my data on my computer. I just upload it every week and it tracks it by hour, day, week, month, etc. I love it.

Sorry about the surgery but glad that this will help you find alternative activities!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I'm not sure how many steps I need. I'll set my goal at 8000 steps and go from there. I'm looking forward to getting started.

I think that's a great place to start! We're all just setting our goals to push ourselves. :-)
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Yay - got my pedometer on Friday so I wore it today. It was a particularly active Saturday for me and got to about 6500 steps. Seems low compared to everyone's goals. I think my weekend goal will be 7,000 steps; weekday is going to be difficult to measure until Monday so I think I'll measure Monday and go from there. I'm ready to go!!! :bigsmile:

That's awesome! I'm glad it came so quickly! We're not comparing goals...set your own goal and then you can change it from there. I think some might find them changing goals as the weeks go on!

Bring on Monday!!!
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Im in!
    what a good reason to dig up my pedometer (where is it? 9.9) never thought i'd use it again.
    do i have to sign up anywhere? or fill in my results? how does it work?
    Nicola
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Im in!
    what a good reason to dig up my pedometer (where is it? 9.9) never thought i'd use it again.
    Nicola

All you want to do is decide what your goals are going to be! I am working on a spreadsheet but not yet sure how to do it since we will all have different goals. I will hopefully have it up tomorrow or the next day. I'll have to see how busy work is tomorrow! LOL

I will send a friend request!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    After having a very sedentary 4 day weekend (sick toddler and then sick mommy) I'm so looking forward to starting this challenge tomorrow and putting some steps on my pedometer!

I hope everyone is ready to walk!!!
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Im in!
    Nicola

All you want to do is decide what your goals are going to be! I am working on a spreadsheet but not yet sure how to do it since we will all have different goals. I will hopefully have it up tomorrow or the next day. I'll have to see how busy work is tomorrow! LOL

K, im on my butt all day (school), so I guess I'll start with 8000 too, and up it from there.
    I wont have my pedometer before tonight, though. I ll join in tomorrow if thats fine.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Im in!
    Nicola

K, im on my butt all day (school), so I guess I'll start with 8000 too, and up it from there.
    I wont have my pedometer before tonight, though. I ll join in tomorrow if thats fine.

Tomorrow is perfect! Have a great day in class! I'm on my butt at work most of the time so that's why I set this up. Need to push myself!!!