Oops, I binged it again.

Options
Actually, I binged for the first time. Bummer.

I've probably overeaten today by around 500 calories - I know it isn't much, but I'm usually so strict with myself and have been for around 7 months.

I'd love for someone to tell me I haven't blown it - my first proper BAD day. BUT I kind of feel like I've lost control and I can't stop eating. Please someone tell me they overcame a proper binge and lived to eat properly another day... I can't put back on the 58lbs I've lost.

Sadface.

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Think of how binging is making you feel. Do you feel bad? Did it give you a tummy ache? Do you want to feel like garbage again?
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've done it today too, it's my birthday on Monday and we went to a chinese buffet restaurant tonight. I've overeaten by about 819 calories!

Don't beat yourself up about it, just put it down to experience and start a new day tomorrow. Honestly, the more you worry about it, the more you'll feel you've let yourself down, and you really haven't you know, just had a little blip.

No-one's perfect, so smile, and get back on track tomorrow!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my binges reset my metabolism and help me lose weight. Never know, it could be a good thing to do now and again.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    I have eaten 1000-3000 calories over my goal. Assuming your goal is 1200, 500 calories more is probably eating at your maintenance, it is nothing to freak out about. Don't let one "bad" day take away your motivation. Learn from your binge, and get back on track.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with binging. It happens to me way more often than every 7 months, and by WAY more than 500 calories.

And YET, here I am 17 pounds down and almost at my goal weight.

Yes, you will live to see another proper eating day, and everything will be alright. Hey, if you only went over by 500 calories, you can cure that with an hour of exercise and you are still on your 7 month streak )
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It is just one day. These things happen. Maybe your body was telling you that you needed a little more yesterday. I can totally relate. I have been eating incredibly well but I had sushi yesterday for the first time in a while and my body was definitely telling me I was starving.

It is totally okay- tomorrow is another day.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You will be fine, but its early in the day still if you really worried about it. When I realize I ve just binged like crazy, go work out and dont stop til you burn that amount.
  • ailiemarks
    Options
    Oh you bunch of actual legends. Feel much better about it now - and motivated to go for a longer run tomorrow (great suggestion, annegenevieves).

Thanks to everyone for their advice; it's a killer trying to be perfect all the time and in answer to skierxjes - it felt pretty good to be bad... :)
  • katbat65
    Options
    I went to a party at my neighbour's last night and have no idea how many calories I ate. But I'm about to head off to the gym on what would normally be my rest day to help minimise the impact an I am not going to beat myself up. I've had a two days like that since I've been tracking calories, and while I am disappointed that they are they're, they haven't ruined what I have achieved. As you say, 500 calories is not much. Refocus and put it behind you.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my binges reset my metabolism and help me lose weight. Never know, it could be a good thing to do now and again.

me too. sometimes an off week awakens my adjusting metabolism and resets it. then i'll loose better. never take anything to hard. its worse on you to stress than to cheat.
  • katbat65
    Options
    My lack of proof-reading before I hit "post reply" is more disturbing.
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    One day can't erase 7 months of hard work. Even 500 extra calories shows great control for a "binge". You're doing great!

Once tomorrow is here you'll forget about it and can concentrate on doing exactly what you've done for the other 200+ days.
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same feelings for the last two days, too much halloween candy and junk food with the Mr has left me feeling like a total failure. Thanks for posting about it, it really helped to not only see that others are going through it, but to see all the helpful responses. Because it's true, a slip here and there won't destroy all our hard work, and 500 cals certainly won't put 58 pounds back on. Stick with it girl, you're doing great!
  • zxmarekxz
    zxmarekxz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm usually bad on weekends :(
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same feelings for the last two days, too much halloween candy and junk food with the Mr has left me feeling like a total failure. Thanks for posting about it, it really helped to not only see that others are going through it, but to see all the helpful responses. Because it's true, a slip here and there won't destroy all our hard work, and 500 cals certainly won't put 58 pounds back on. Stick with it girl, you're doing great!

i agree. 500 cals is not even a lb of fat. its not even half of one. or a quarter. so your good girl. no worries. anything that happens would be water and goes away. :)
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    It's done.. Move on with your life.