10 down by Christmas-Team 7 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Hi all:smile:

I thought it would be nice to start a new thread exclusive for us Team 7 members so that all of us can keep in touch with each other easily and catch up on our weightloss:love: ,weight gain,gossips:bigsmile:,motivation,ranting on how horrible your day was:cry: Well,you know the deal!

Let's start with introducing ourselves:flowerforyou: .

I am Neveah.I'm 19 years old and I'm from India.I used to be a big time emotional eater since 10 years of age:indifferent: .Food was my best friend and my comfort blanket.The emotional eating slowly developed into Binge Eating Disorder and I was overweight(BMI above 25) from fifth grade.My weight rocketted from overweight to Obese:noway: when I was 17 years and I was diagnosed with PCOS.I was 190lbs at my heighest.I have lost about 24lbs since then:smile: .Losing this 10lbs by Christmas will complete my transition from overweight to healthy:smile: It will be a great achievement for me especially since I have been overweight for the last 11 years of my life.

Replies

• thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this off Neveah!!

Hey Team 7!

My name is Stephanie, and I'm 23. I'm from the suburbs of Chicago, which is where I currently live, but I also consider St. Louis, MO (where I went to college) and Camden, NJ/Philadelphia (where I did a two-year volunteer program) to be home.

I just joined MFP about a month ago. I joined after I started really trying to get my weight in check when i found out my bmi was pretty close to morbidly obese (yiiiikes!). I started the Couch to 5k program (on week 6 now!) and on their Facebook fan page is where I heard about MFP! I'm liking it a lot so far and really excited about this challenge (my first one!). My first major goal is to get down to 180 so that I'm in the overweight bmi category, and then make my way down to healthy :). C25K has also opened my eyes to the world of running, and I'm hoping to get in the habit of signing up for a 5k every few months or so (my first one is on my birthday in a little less than a month... aka Thanksgiving this year haha).

Anyway, so glad to be on a team with all of you!! Let's do this!!
  • rjo132
    rjo132 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Rhonda. I live in the Jacksonville/Cabot, Arkansas area but Advance, MO (150 miles or so south of St. Louis) is my home. I'm 52 yrs young but my body is trying to remind me it's not as young as my heart! lol I'm wearing a cast on my left wrist at this time and last year broke my right one. So yes in addition to wt loss and cardio endurance, I also am going to get back in the habit of some wt bearing strength training. I'm a dental hygienist so with cast I'm not working right now and thought this might be the perfect time to get back with the program.

In Feb 2010 I was at my lowest wt that I remember since my late 20's. Now I'm struggling and find myself "chubby" again. I don't like that my clothes are skin tight. I want to look trim in anything I put on. So I've got some work ahead of me. I found MFP last year and it worked until I got lazy and quit cking in. My biggest challenge for myself will be cking in regularly but I plan to be accountable to the team. Hopefully that will help.

So glad to have the support of y'all and will give it my best shot to be an encouragement and cheerleader for the team. Here we GO Team 7!
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    So great to read your stories :smile: We are gonna smash this challenge! I just know it :flowerforyou:

I don't know how to re-size pics so bear with me if they turn out huge I'm going to be mortified :embarassed: haha

There was a girl name Julie who was 23, 136lbs

meeeeeeeeee.jpg

She got diagnosed with an autoimmune problem and had to take a lot of steroids and other immune suppressants to control it. There were lots of side effects to these pills like hair thinning and weight gain. She shot up over 190lbs. Between the weigh gain and the hair and everything else her friends walked passed her in the street. They didn't recognise her :noway: At first it was just one or two and she thought, maybe they just didn't see me and then it became a regular occurrence.

swollenface.jpg
    hairloss.jpg

She decided she wanted change because she wants to recognise herself in her reflection. She wants her friends to know who she is when they pass her in the street. So she started trying to take control back over her life. She successfully reasoned with her drs to try meds other than steroids and immune suppression (These are now reserved for attacks only). And she started working her *kitten* off to lose some pounds. So she got down to 182 and remembered the mfp app on her phone so she started using it.

Now she's nearly 27.
    305807_10150291209370143_552635142_8340802_417947742_n.jpg

It's two steps forward and one step back a lot. I got down to 162 before but then something happened and I ended up back on high doses of steroids. 200mg injection 4 times a day aswell as about 40 tablets and its really hard to control the eating on those doses I would eat my own shoe. :laugh:

I spent 28 days in hospital from end Sept through to last Friday. I tell you sometimes I want to pull my hair out this back and forth business. After a few days at home I decided that I was going to do this because I want it. I want to take whatever I can back so I decided to start this challenge. When I hopped on the scales yd I weighed in at 169 so I gained 4 but it only makes me more determined to get those 4 back down. :laugh:

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
    ― Martin Luther King Jr.
  • rjo132
    rjo132 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, how often are ya weighing? I've been used to once a day but sometimes I wonder if I should stay off the scales a bit?
  • WarriorJayne
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I'm Jayne, I'm 31 from Ohio, and have been on MFP since February. Ive lost 31 lbs since starting, and hopefully can drop a lot more before the years end. In June I found and fell in love with Crossfit, I am an avid walker of Quarter Marathons and managed to do a Warrior Dash in September. I am a food addict, and am combating that fact on a moment to moment basis. I love working out, and went from wanting to run a 5k or a Marathon to wanting to do Crossfit Games or the Heraean Games (its a Women's CrossFit Competition held every 4 years. Named after the Heraean Games held in Ancient Greece in honor of the Goddess Hera.) In September after only a few months of going to Crossfit, I was named the strongest woman at the box. I want to make prescribed weight first among the women (who are not trainers)
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    I am really happy to hear your stories especially yours Julie, you are an inspiration to all of us. All of you have done a great job in losing weight and together we'll rock it!I'm so proud of you all:flowerforyou:
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    Hey y'all, how often are ya weighing? I've been used to once a day but sometimes I wonder if I should stay off the scales a bit?

I weigh myself daily..I think its up to our choice..It universally regarded healthy to measure once in a week..
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm Jenn, I'm 20. I'm from Canada. I've been on MFP for only a month now. I had lost 50 lbs last year on my own using a different site kind of like MFP. But I stopped using it and gained some weight back on a trip to Disney with my fiance. I decided that I needed to join something and stick with it in order to become the size and weight that I want to be, and I came here! This site has been working really well and I'm really happy that it's so active with members.

I really want to tone up and lose inches before April, as I'm getting married at the end of that month. I've been working really hard - a lot of bike riding with my roommate (who has also joined MFP).

That's about it, I think. Nice to meet everyone!
  • umachanxo
    Options
    Weight fluctuates day to day so it's not usually a good idea to weigh yourself daily. (It can make some people lose confidence in their weight loss journey or create frustration when there really need not be). I weigh myself once a week - and in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry I'm just now getting on here to introduce myself.
    My name is Laura. I'm 26 years old, married with 2 daughters and one step-son. I'm in school right now for early childhood education, and currently working 2 jobs. One as a preschool teacher 2 days a week, and another at my family's restaurant. I am crazy busy, but determined to make myself follow through with my weight loss goals.
    Good luck to everyone!!!
  • rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hiya team 7... Nice to hear your stories, good luck to all of you with your weight loss, both in the group challenge and outside of that :)

I'm Rachel, I'm 23, from the Midlands in the UK... I started losing weight in March, just for myself really.. I lost 1lb under 2 stone between then and the end of May.. Did really well, loved the gym etc... I completely lost motivation over the summer- stopped logging, stopped going to the gym, and have basically put a stone back on... Since then I can't seem to shift a single pound :( I'm back at the gym but finding it hard to get my eating under control...

So I'm hoping having a set target for Christmas and being part of a group challenge will help motivate me!!

How's everyone doing with this week's challenge? Last night I got to the gym earlier so I could do 15 minutes on the treadmill before my spin class - it was mainly running, not walking, so slightly cheating, but I figured it still counts!!

Then today I'm not sitting in the office for my lunch-break - I'm going to have a walk round town - get at least my 15 minutes walking in, plus hopefully buy a nice coat for the winter months!!

And in answer to the 'how often do you weigh in' question - every day usually, I find the fluctuations interesting etc... It does make me a bit fed up though if I'm up randomly one morning... Although this week I'm not going to weigh until Friday, see if it has any affect on my motivation etc!!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely week, let's kick some *kitten* on Friday!! :D xx
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sorry to have taken so long to introduce myself! I get distracted so easily... :ohwell:

I am 22 years old and married. I have been struggling with my weight gain for about three years now. Its even harder because i have depression. I was in a car wreck which messed up my knee and i couldn't take the pain of exercising with my knee. without exercise to balance my eat whatever i want mentality I slowly started gaining weight. Before I knew it I was 150ish and decided to start exercising. A week into it I found out I was pregnant. I was ecstatic but ended up miscarrying. The devastation from the loss made my emotional eating awful.... I gained 30 lbs. When i started to get my self back together and lost 10 lbs only to find out I was pregnant once again. Worried and excited I tried to do everything right but God had other plans and I lost another baby. This was my breaking point... I sky rocketed up to 198 in the blink of an eye. Everytime i would cry or feel upset I would turn to food (mainly chocolate and junk) to ease my pain. Needless to say it helped temporarily but my self esteem has since plummeted.

I am coming to terms with my losses and I know God has a reason for everything. I need to get healthy if my husband and I want to try again for another child. I also want to overcome my emotional eating because it obviously doesn't bring me anything other than more grief. I am also hoping losing some weight will alleviate the pain in my knee.

I currently work at a grocery store but I am hoping to find a job in the social work field VERY soon! I love to help other people and love to spend time with my family. I am happily married and hate being a house wife (i only get 5 to 10 hrs a week at work). My favorite past time right now is reading paranormal sex books and stalking you guys on mfp! :blushing:

I look forward to regaining my confidence and feeling comfortable in my skin! I look forward to working with all of you!
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    Sorry to have taken so long to introduce myself! I get distracted so easily... :ohwell:

I am 22 years old and married. I have been struggling with my weight gain for about three years now. Its even harder because i have depression. I was in a car wreck which messed up my knee and i couldn't take the pain of exercising with my knee. without exercise to balance my eat whatever i want mentality I slowly started gaining weight. Before I knew it I was 150ish and decided to start exercising. A week into it I found out I was pregnant. I was ecstatic but ended up miscarrying. The devastation from the loss made my emotional eating awful.... I gained 30 lbs. When i started to get my self back together and lost 10 lbs only to find out I was pregnant once again. Worried and excited I tried to do everything right but God had other plans and I lost another baby. This was my breaking point... I sky rocketed up to 198 in the blink of an eye. Everytime i would cry or feel upset I would turn to food (mainly chocolate and junk) to ease my pain. Needless to say it helped temporarily but my self esteem has since plummeted.

I am coming to terms with my losses and I know God has a reason for everything. I need to get healthy if my husband and I want to try again for another child. I also want to overcome my emotional eating because it obviously doesn't bring me anything other than more grief. I am also hoping losing some weight will alleviate the pain in my knee.

I currently work at a grocery store but I am hoping to find a job in the social work field VERY soon! I love to help other people and love to spend time with my family. I am happily married and hate being a house wife (i only get 5 to 10 hrs a week at work). My favorite past time right now is reading paranormal sex books and stalking you guys on mfp! :blushing:

I look forward to regaining my confidence and feeling comfortable in my skin! I look forward to working with all of you!

I am so sorry about your babies. All those unfortunate events have made you a strong woman. God knows what he is doing. He'll be with you :smile:
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    Hiya team 7... Nice to hear your stories, good luck to all of you with your weight loss, both in the group challenge and outside of that :)

I'm Rachel, I'm 23, from the Midlands in the UK... I started losing weight in March, just for myself really.. I lost 1lb under 2 stone between then and the end of May.. Did really well, loved the gym etc... I completely lost motivation over the summer- stopped logging, stopped going to the gym, and have basically put a stone back on... Since then I can't seem to shift a single pound :( I'm back at the gym but finding it hard to get my eating under control...

So I'm hoping having a set target for Christmas and being part of a group challenge will help motivate me!!

How's everyone doing with this week's challenge? Last night I got to the gym earlier so I could do 15 minutes on the treadmill before my spin class - it was mainly running, not walking, so slightly cheating, but I figured it still counts!!

Then today I'm not sitting in the office for my lunch-break - I'm going to have a walk round town - get at least my 15 minutes walking in, plus hopefully buy a nice coat for the winter months!!

And in answer to the 'how often do you weigh in' question - every day usually, I find the fluctuations interesting etc... It does make me a bit fed up though if I'm up randomly one morning... Although this week I'm not going to weigh until Friday, see if it has any affect on my motivation etc!!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely week, let's kick some *kitten* on Friday!! :D xx

Heya Rachel,
    We will indeed kick some *kitten* this week! Good luck to you too:smile:
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    Hi Lovelies :smile: Its a pleasure to meet you all.You are all wonderful women:drinker: and have come a long way and have lost weight! All of you deserve these roses:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

How is the challenge going on guys? What is happening at your ends?How was your Halloween? Feel free to share everything you'd love to.
  • Mariposa187
    Options
    I have been doing well up until this week. TOM is make of break week and I am going to kick it in the butt right now. I have been eating sweets like crazy and i have been sick so i haven't exercised since tues :sad: I am going to try today and hopefully at least get my walking done! I am excited about the challenge my Halloween was nice we had some family over to eat and drink.

I am looking forward to increasing my endurance over the next couple of weeks so I can get to the point where burning 500 cals in a workout session doesn't seem like a life threatening thing! I hope everyone is doing super!

:smooched: and hugs!
  • umachanxo
    Options
    Hmm..only lost 0.4lbs this week, but I lost a whole inch off of my waist and also an inch off of my thighs! ^-^ I think that's from all of the constant biking!! Hoping to lose a few more lbs next week.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I lost over a lb!! Yay! Everyone's weigh-ins look awesome.
    GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!!!
  • rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hmm..only lost 0.4lbs this week, but I lost a whole inch off of my waist and also an inch off of my thighs! ^-^ I think that's from all of the constant biking!! Hoping to lose a few more lbs next week.

I'd take inches over pounds any day! So congrats :)

I lost 3, but that's mainly due to TOM last week I think... But fingers crossed I can keep it up for next week too!! :D

Congrats to everyone on team 7, doesn't look like we've had any members put weight on, so we're doing amazingly :) x
  • Mariposa187
    Options
    I did pretty well this week but I am not sure what the coming week will hold because TOM will be here! So if you see im up 4lbs (usually amount for TOM) have no fear it is my evil friend wreaking havoc and it will be down the following week.

I see everyone did well! I am so proud of everyone! :D I think we lost about 19 lbs total! AMAZING!

I have no steps nearby, I think i will be heading to my mom's everyday to go up and down her steps, she is going to think i am crazy