Juice Juice Baby!

Options
So ive hit a plateau.. Im stuck at 47 pounds lost. I was thinking about juicing for a month and see what that does. I know friends who have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks doing it.
Has anyone tried it and can give me their opinion?
Thanx! Feel free to add me. Im always looking for new MFP!

Replies

• kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    make sure you add veggies and some kind of protein powder to the mix. i wouldn't do it for a full month though. good luck!
  • luannraymond
    luannraymond Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I juiced for 10 days and lost 20 pounds! Do it!
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    I would def recommend it! But maybe start out aiming for a month and play it by ear! :) A few days of juicing has tons of benefits!
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    So ive hit a plateau.. Im stuck at 47 pounds lost. I was thinking about juicing for a month and see what that does. I know friends who have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks doing it.
    Has anyone tried it and can give me their opinion?
    Thanx! Feel free to add me. Im always looking for new MFP!
    A month subsisting on juice isn't advisable. Try other methods, such as zig-zagging your calories.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would only do it maybe 1 or 2 days a week.
  • wannababyH
    Options
    It won't work long term. It's a very temporary fix at best, if it even "works".
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It won't work long term. It's a very temporary fix at best, if it even "works".

^^^THIS!!!

Losing more than 1-2 pounds a week isn't the healthiest thing to do. Slow and steady is the best.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yes- go for it! I juiced for 30 days- real juice meaning: buy a juicer and juice fruits and veggies that are meant to juice. I didn't blend anything though some people do. The reason is because you can fast your body. Your digestive system gets a break and you get rid of the toxins in your body. I did about 2/3 veggies and 1/3 fruits- I can't stand just plain veggie juice so I always threw a grannysmith apple in the mix. Don't do too many fruits due to spiking blood sugar levels. If you fear the level of protein lessening than feel free to add protein mix to your juices. I didn't worry....To say the least - I lost 20 lbs in 30 days. Don't hesitate to ease into it too. You may slip at times too, many do- its ok, keep going. on Facebook check out the "fat, sick and nearly dead" site for support from fellow juicers:) Any more questions just ask:)
  • wannababyH
    Options
    Losing more than 1-2 pounds a week isn't the healthiest thing to do. Slow and steady is the best.

And losing too fast can be bad on your heart, and can slow your metabolism.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in this concept, thanx to the OP for asking! Keep us posted if you decide to do it, and please share details, thanx!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a waste of time! All the sugar of fruit without any fiber. No thanks, I'll just workout and eat correctly.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Also not sure what calories you are eating at... But I upped my calories because of a 7 week plateau. I'm losing again and finally broke free!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    not saying juicing is for everyone- but I truly think it was a jumpstart to my getting healthy. I was under dr supervision and still able to work out. I disagree that it isn't healthy. People have been "fasting" since before biblical times- many still practice it today. There is no harm as long as you listen to your body and are medically ok to fast. This is all juicing is. If you lose the weight - great! You may not keep it off, but if you do, like I had, then its a bonus. I feel better than ever and I have had many medical issues - some actually disappeared after I finished my "detox/aka fasting". I am on few medications due to getting healthier- so every person is different. Please don't place everyone into 1 catergory of how you should or shouldn't chose to feed your body or practice your lifestyle. That's all...not trying to be harsh- but I have personal experience...don't judge it til you try it:)