What do you do when you eat all your calories halfway throug

Okay, so I seem to be extra hungry the last couple of days and I made the mistake of ordering pizza. WOW, it has a lot of calories!

So, I need your help for today. I worked out. I have eaten junk food today basically and have eaten through all of my calories for the day. Problem is, I have people coming over tonight for Mexican food and Margaritas.

I REALLY want to stick to my goals and lose this weight. My initial goal is to lose 5 more lbs. by 11/27.

What would you do?!!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    eat and get back on track tomorrow, 1 day of not being in a deficit isn't a big deal...
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Get a workout in and eat what you want. Don't worry about it THAT much. It's not like you do this daily.
  • chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Have some fun & get back on the wagon tomorrow...live a little tonight!! :-)
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Your done. No pulling you out of the fire today.

Like the guy above said, just get back on track tomorrow.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Either just get back on track tomorrow or go for a run... I ate an entire pizza for lunch, so I did another spin class this afternoon...
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Have you figured out what your maintenance calories are? If you can manage to eat close to or under those, then at least you'll "break even" for the day. But even if you're over that, just get back on track tomorrow and hopefully it will have just jolted your metabolism to burn more. One can always hope! :smile:
  • I agree with acg67. Falling off the wagon (as they say) one day is not going to mess you up altogether. Enjoy your mexican and margaritas and get back with it tomorrow with renewed vigor. I have days when I am just starving all day also. I eat almonds when that happens. A small amount feels like you've eaten something and they are amazing good for you.
    Hope that helps.
    janet
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Have your margarita on the rocks
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Just to assuage my guilt, I'd go for a good long, brisk walk. Then I'd continue on my path of destruction. :bigsmile: get that pizza outta the house so it doesn't mess up another day.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    just eat the rest of the night like you planned and start over tomorrow...we ALL have to go off sometimes!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Just a hint, don't weigh yourself for a couple of days either. This I know from the experience!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Eat/drink to you heart's content today, maybe go for a brisk walk, and increase your deficit for 2/3 days. As long as at the end of the week you meet your weekly cal goal, it's all good. And don't weigh yourself you'll have a lot of water weight.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    When I find myself getting close to my limit early in the day, I make sure to take a long walk at the very least (not the highest calorie burn for the time, but easiest thing to work into my daily schedule) and maybe do some more intense cardio if I have the time. Going over happens occasionally though and should just be taken in stride! If you're set for a 500 calorie deficit, you have 500 calories before you reach your maintenance calories so one day over won't set you back very far!

Also, I tend to focus more on hitting my calorie intake #'s for the week over a given day.

A note for in the future, when I know I have some big dinner planned for the end of the day I pre-enter a few things I know I'll eat and drink, so they're already accounted for in my calories left for the day.
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    No, I haven't. How do I do that?
  • shellimus
    Very well said. Thank you. That really helps.
  • shellimus
    When I find myself getting close to my limit early in the day, I make sure to take a long walk at the very least (not the highest calorie burn for the time, but easiest thing to work into my daily schedule) and maybe do some more intense cardio if I have the time. Going over happens occasionally though and should just be taken in stride! If you're set for a 500 calorie deficit, you have 500 calories before you reach your maintenance calories so one day over won't set you back very far!

Also, I tend to focus more on hitting my calorie intake #'s for the week over a given day.

A note for in the future, when I know I have some big dinner planned for the end of the day I pre-enter a few things I know I'll eat and drink, so they're already accounted for in my calories left for the day.

Good idea! Thanks!
  • shellimus
    Have you figured out what your maintenance calories are? If you can manage to eat close to or under those, then at least you'll "break even" for the day. But even if you're over that, just get back on track tomorrow and hopefully it will have just jolted your metabolism to burn more. One can always hope! :smile:

Let's try this again...'

No, I haven't. How do I do that?
  • shellimus
    Either just get back on track tomorrow or go for a run... I ate an entire pizza for lunch, so I did another spin class this afternoon...

Very well said. Thank you. That really helps.
  • shellimus
    Thank you all for your replies! I appreciate your support...and humor!

MFP is awesome, isn't it!!?
  • krystalgwen
    krystalgwen Posts: 39 Member
    Well it seems like the thing you have going on tonight is planned so you knew before that what you were doing is bad my suggestion dont plan to eat bad stuff. We all have slip ups like the pizza so like everyone is saying start over again tomorrow,