A good snack for a calorie diet?

jasmineheaven
jasmineheaven Posts: 189
edited October 4 in Food and Nutrition
Im on a calorie diet and in between meals I have those snack cravings...you know how it is lol. Whats some good snacks that are low on calories. I mean like just one snack in between. I usually eat fruit jammers which are only 80 calories. What you refer?

Replies

• Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 433 Member
    a cold cucumber with a some lemon and a sprinkle of salt or hot sauce....mmmm or have you tried those Special K sour cream and onion chips or herb crackers...about 27 of them are only aobut 100 calories
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Wasa Crackers are very plain but very low calories... You can top them with cheese or hummus for some actual flavor!!
  • I wish I could do that but im allergic to raw fruit and vegetables.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Plain airpopped popcorn with no toppings on it. A two cup air-popped serving I think comes out to about only 20 calories.
  • 1.100 calorie packs of different kindsof yummy snacks (from walmart on the cracker asile)
    2. swiss cheese and a few slices of low sodium turkey
    3. even oatmeal with fruit in it (one pack is like 130 cals....)

I hope these help but you know what you like...you can find all these things at walmart:)
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    i love all the 100 calorie snacks. I love the wasa snacks with laughing cow. I just bought these fiber 90 calorie brownies (SO GOOD!!) and there are lots of 90 calorie special k bars that are all great!
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    oh and they have 100 calorie popcorn. the kettle corn is great and theres actually quite a bit for 100 calories
  • What i really like is a half plain bagel toasted then spread some peanut butter topped with golden brown sugar, so so good.
  • mstormth
    mstormth Posts: 119 Member
    I snack on:

Plain Rice cakes - quacker natural (35 cal)
    baby carrots
    green peppers
    Pillars Turkey Pepperettes (bites) - 50 cal each
    baby bell light
    celery
    and I enjoy fruit every now and then as well.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    I try to eat whole fruit. This time of year apples and pears are in season (i.e. inexpensive & delicious)! I also like granola, nuts, veggies.
This discussion has been closed.