Doubles?

Options
Who does double workouts during the week - and HOW do you survive it? I just started doing doubles 2 or 3 days a week, and WHOA BABY it's wearing me out! I'm trying to eat clean (and a lot) and get 9 hours of sleep every night - any other suggestions?? Thanks!

Replies

• KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I get in a double every now and then. Usually when I have a day off. I will hit the gym during the day for some strength training and maybe a few rounds of light touch sparring depending on who is at the gym. Then I will do a regular evening class.

For me it's possible only when I can rest between the two workouts. And, I try to eat heavier on the protein when I do these 2x days.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I do, but I eat a lot.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I do double workouts over the Christmas break when my husband and kids are at home. It helps keep everyone sane and then I don't have worry if I drink too much wine/vodka/rum/rubbing alcohol. Did I mention they are off work/school for 2 weeks?
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I do doubles, usually 5 days a week.

Morning routine is P90x, usually 60 mins, ether weight train with heavy weights or cardio with wrist and ankle weights.

PM workout for the past 6 weeks was 45 min cardio from P90x. But am now switching over to Rushfit for 45 min in PM, as I hear its good for cutting fat.

I have been working out heavily for a few years now, so that helps. But I do need to have high protein levels as well. Currently still trying to find the right calorie level to help me loss, and do double workouts though.

Trying to get my BF % down by the end of December.

I think the secret is to slowly work doubles in. Starting with 1-2 days a week, then 3, then gradually 4 etc. You really need to base it on your fitness level, and work with where you are at.

I also have my PM workout a bit shorter (45 min) but still get a good calorie burn of about 600 cals.

I do use Jack 3D pre workout on weight training days, to give me a bit of push through the workout.

I also usually workout with almost empty stomach in AM, and that does make me tired much sooner in the workout. So I use a intra workout drink with BCAA's, and try to have a small handfull of almonds or a small piece of fruit about 20 min before I workout when I can.

Immediately after working out, I have breakfast and a protein shake. And I really try hard to do high protein through the day - 1 gram per lb of lean body weight.

If I fall low on my protein, it seems to be a bit tougher to do the workouts. I think you must also be sure to have enough calories.

I don't eat purely clean, or organic. But do generally eat fairly decent food options.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I do double once a week - bodyworks w/ abs then straight to yoga. 2 solid hours baby!:drinker:

Otherwise I do cardio kickbox 2-3 times, swim 1-2 times and some elliptical & machines.
  • MoMo41
    MoMo41 Posts: 8
    Options
    Having issues getting one workout in!!!:sad: