New & Nervous

Options
Hello everyone my name is Tammy, I am a SAH wife & mom but I am also a college student. I descided i was tired of the weight gain & with the holidays coming up I wanted to lose the weight that I've gained these past few months. I have a great support system in my husband & our kids. It is nice though to meet other people that is in the same boat as I am.

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy welcome to mfp!! It is scary to change your lifestyle but you can do it!!
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy! :) Welcome to MFP. You can do it!

I'm a SAHM, too, though haven't always been. I really enjoy it but will be going back to school next fall when both my kids are in school all day.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    What's to be nervous about?? You are making changes to improve yourself!! Don't be nervous....get excited!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    I felt usure when I first joined, but I find if you log in everyday and youre hoenst with your food diary and you always fill it out, you will be surprised how much MFP can help keep you on track. Once you get used to it you can log your food and excercise in no time at all. stay strong and honest and you will lose the weight. the best part is that you can go back and review your stats and you can determine what is and what isnt working for you.

Good luck, stay strong and be honest.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    What is SAH? I tried to google....Society of Architectural Historians? Subarachnoid Hemorrhage? I didn't think so...so thought i would just ask. :embarassed:

Dont be nervous. Eat what they tell you to eat, and exercise a bit, and you'll do fine. Its fun and easy to follow, and you get to meet fabulous other folks who are doing the same thing.

Enjoy! and if you want to add friends for support, feel free to send me an invite.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Nothing to worry about!. We have your back here. Would love to be your friend. If not I wish you all the success here on MFP. If you need help also look to the boards. There is always someone there to catch you if you need it. Best of luck!
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    What is SAH? I tried to google....Society of Architectural Historians? Subarachnoid Hemorrhage? I didn't think so...so thought i would just ask. :embarassed:

HAHAHAHAHA I think SAH stands for Stay at home mom. : )
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me to your support system! I could really use it too : )
    love
    Cassie
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome and good luck with your goals.
    We were all new once, it does get easier, you'll see.

Feel free to add me to your friends list
  • stillkidsmom4
    Options
    SAH means Stay at home ( Wife & Mom)
  • stillkidsmom4
    Options
    Yeah thats what SAH means ( Stay at home) :))
  • MoMo41
    MoMo41 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am not new but have been out a while. Dont be nervous you will get there!!!:happy:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am not new but have been out a while. Dont be nervous you will get there!!!:happy:

You bet!! One day at a time!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy:flowerforyou: Always great to have a new member join us in gaining back our health and self confidence. You'll love it here, lots of good ppl and plenty of inspiration:drinker: :happy:
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! :flowerforyou:

Don't be nervous - we don't bite! Unless................................................... Okay for me, my weakness is a White Chocolate Macadamia Luna bar. :laugh:

Friend request coming your way.