in honor of Halloween

Options
WarriorMom2012
WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
What's your favorite horror movie and why?

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Several I LOVE.

But the Exorcist is such a classic. it really is perfection.
    Why? Everything! And the fact they made it a child that was possessed. That was the scariest part.
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hocus Pocus for sure!
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hocus Pocus for sure!
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    Seven, not sure if you want to call it a horror but I loved it
  • jessashcher
    Options
    I don't really like horror movies anymore but when I did watch them I think the Halloween movies were my favorite, I love Jaimi Lee Curtis and the original house from the first movie that Michael Meyers lived in my friends and I went there one halloween and went inside of it. It was really freaky, the house had been condemmed but the back door was wide open, they since have relocated that house and is now a doctors office I believe.
  • ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    Hellraiser or Scream would be my choice!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs or Se7en.

Because human beings are the scariest monsters of all.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Hocus Pocus for sure!

Yes! It is terrifying!

I have to agree with LorinaLynn.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything but I'm a die-hard fan of zombie apocalypse movies.

A guy I work with reckons it is very easy to alphabetise my DVD collection. Everything will be listed under either D for Dead or Z for Zombie. :laugh:
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    I don't really like horror movies anymore but when I did watch them I think the Halloween movies were my favorite, I love Jaimi Lee Curtis and the original house from the first movie that Michael Meyers lived in my friends and I went there one halloween and went inside of it. It was really freaky, the house had been condemmed but the back door was wide open, they since have relocated that house and is now a doctors office I believe.

The Halloween movies are GREAT! i love them.
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options
    teletubbies still get me. haha jk. i dont really watch too many horror movies.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Heck yes!

Exorcism of Emily Rose is another favorite of mine. I also like the really bad ones (Aliens, My Bloody Valentine, Friday the 13th...) It depends on who I'm watching them with and what my mood is.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist is the only horror movie that STILL scares me...gets under my skin

The Ring is up there for sheer creepiness (nothing has topped my WTF! moment when she came out of that TV)

The Shining because it was so well made and the tension builds so slowly as it gets to the climax

Hostel because it is so hard to imagine that something like that could actually be plausible and real

LOVE scary movies...best time of the year!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Heck yes!

Exorcism of Emily Rose is another favorite of mine. I also like the really bad ones (Aliens, My Bloody Valentine, Friday the 13th...) It depends on who I'm watching them with and what my mood is.

The original version of My Bloody Valentine or the remake with the guy from Supernatural in it?

I thought the original version was far better.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Mine is The Omen...

"Damien, I'm doing this for you."

Holy ****, that freaked me out.

And the first Poltergeist!!!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options

AHHH! Me too! All kinds of creepiness.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The first Poltergeist was the last movie to really scare me. I was about 10, and slept with the light on that night... and hated that there was a big scary tree outside my bedroom window.

Although Reverend Cane from the second one really creeps me right the hell out. *shudder*
  • honeybadger175
    honeybadger175 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Those are great ones too! Damien for sure! Mine is The Exorcist and Stigmata...because I'm Catholic and they scared the sheeeeit out of me!!! Lol Happy Halloween :)
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I would say one of my favorite horror movie would be A Nightmare on Elm Street....the original. It was scary to me because Freddy was one of the first to actually speak and taunt you. And he appeared in your dreams.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Mine is The Omen...

"Damien, I'm doing this for you."

Holy ****, that freaked me out.

Those are also two of my top 3. The Omen is SO great, that kid is so damned creepy!!!
    And of course the Poltergeist is just brilliant.

The most scary thing about the Poltergeist... is all the deaths of those involved with the film.