see what i can do in just over a month

Options
benmarcum
benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
so i am getting married in just over a mont. I know i will not hit goal weight by then but i am gonna work like mad to drop as much as i can while being healthy about it...and after that the goal weight will not be far behind (of course i will have to take one day off for wedding cake)

Replies

• benmarcum
    Options
    so i am getting married in just over a mont. I know i will not hit goal weight by then but i am gonna work like mad to drop as much as i can while being healthy about it...and after that the goal weight will not be far behind (of course i will have to take one day off for wedding cake)
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

One month is not a long time but you don't have a lot of weight to lose and from what I've seen men knock off the extra pounds a lot faster than us women, so you have good chances to make it close to your goal. Furthermore, again taking in consideration that you are male with 40 odd pounds to lose (however I don't really know what you look like right now or how tall/heavy you are) I think it's a matter of some toning rather than a real weight issue so if you stick to regular excercise you will look stunning regardless how much weight you've lost.

Good luck on both your fitness and wedding journeys! :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

One month is not a long time but you don't have a lot of weight to lose and from what I've seen men knock off the extra pounds a lot faster than us women, so you have good chances to make it close to your goal. Furthermore, again taking in consideration that you are male with 40 odd pounds to lose (however I don't really know what you look like right now or how tall/heavy you are) I think it's a matter of some toning rather than a real weight issue so if you stick to regular excercise you will look stunning regardless how much weight you've lost.

Good luck on both your fitness and wedding journeys! :flowerforyou:

welcome to MFP

if you are truly 40 pounds overweight your issue is not toning....you can not tone something that is buried under 40 pounds. 40 pounds overweight is a real weight issue

you can lose some weight in the month prior to your wedding but be careful.

there are many here to support your journey but get several opinions before deciding what to do next.
    eat senisbly and work out,,,you will look and feel better despite the number on the scale.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • purrrr
    Options
    hmm.. I obviously view it in a different way than a man does but... 40 extra pounds on a man look like about 20 extra on a woman, which is in no way excessively fat, a man and a woman are built differently... plus, like i said, i don't know what he looks like and very often people overshoot their goals (like myself :smile:) so if someone says they need to lose 40 it may as well mean they only need to lose 20 to look their best but it does require toning...
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:

Laura, you're so darn perky, polite and friendly to say the least, but please hon, say something different, just once? please? :flowerforyou:
  • purrrr
    Options

Laura, you're so darn perky, polite and friendly to say the least, but please hon, say something different, just once? please? :flowerforyou:

She has actually added "the best website ever" from last time I read her welcome... I'm not sure we are proving "the best website" part in this very thread cos from the few posts here we seem to be fighting already... :huh: I hope we don't scare the guy away :bigsmile: It's really a great site and I :heart: it too, I even :heart: Dave although he would oppose me almost every time I post a comment somewhere... :tongue:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in fighting, it makes me want to eat :laugh: :tongue:
  • purrrr
    Options
    I don't believe in fighting, it makes me want to eat :laugh: :tongue:

as does everything else :laugh:
  • benmarcum
    Options
    thanks all and it is good to be here. no worries dave, i did not mention toning yet just said i was gonna see what i could do in a month (a little over really) while being healthy. 8 to 10 pounds before the wedding would be great....if i get that far by then. If not by then then i have plenty of time to get to where i want to be when the tux comes off! ;)

cheers yall!