How far will you go to lose weight?

Options
I'm not partying this haloween weekend because I know that the alcohol will ruin my running schedule for the entire week - not to mention the temptation to eat junk food. I'm also thinking about not gorging myself on Thanksgiving. It seems so hard but for impulsive people like me, the first bite/drink/cigarette etc always leads me to spiral out of control.

*lol post didn't make sense - stupid tablet errors

Replies

• ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    in a day, about 5 miles is as far as i can go on foot.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Don't let it. Have your weekend drink or a big thanksgiving pigout and get right back on track the next day.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have to avoid that first bite, too. I say 'no' a lot. Not too sure what I will do with the holidays yet and am open to suggestions.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Don't let it. Have your weekend drink or a big thanksgiving pigout and get right back on track the next day.

this. Your life can't come to a hault because of this!
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I let myself drink on Friday. I deserve it after working all week. I used to drink 3 or 4 times a week, trust me you will feel better not drinking so much and it's so much sweeter when you wait for it all week. You enjoy it so much more. Not to mention your liver will thank you!
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i am drinking and losing
  • twinsies041
    Options

I've never heard this....LOOOOVEEE ITT!!!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have to avoid that first bite, too. I say 'no' a lot. Not too sure what I will do with the holidays yet and am open to suggestions.

This is the trick! Having "just one bite" is virtually impossible (at least for me). Much easier to just say no altogether!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options

As someone who's been hospitalized with a feeding tube for being 'thin' (and I used the above quote all time at that point), I disagree with this. A LOT of things taste better than thin feels.......

Being thin doesn't always feel good, being HEALTHY does :):)

Being healthy is being mindful, not depriving yourself ALL the time.
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    I drink. I just budget it in and make sure I hit my exercise and protein goals before I have my wine. Today for example, I had wine. Tomorrow I add more to my work out. I am losing, too. Do not think you have to deprive yourself. Just make sure you budget for it!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Do not think you have to deprive yourself. Just make sure you budget for it!

This is a lifestyle change for me, not some diet. Teaching mind self control with the things you enjoy eating/drinking.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I changed it to, nothing tastes as good as healthy feels. It's posted on my fridge, my kids have told me it helps them with choices.

As someone who's been hospitalized with a feeding tube for being 'thin' (and I used the above quote all time at that point), I disagree with this. A LOT of things taste better than thin feels.......

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    For some people who have been on an eating plan for a long time, a Thanksgiving pigout could lead to many hours in the bathroom the next day. I say eat what you want but don't make yourself sick!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options

I don't want to be thin either... ever! Give me my health and let me tuck in my shirts without my gut doing all the talking and I'm okay with that. Give me the strength to hold my children until they are well into adulthood and lead an active lifestyle into old age.
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you have an addictive nature around sugar/flour/alcohol/drugs, then yes abstinence is really the way to control your intake. Like a lot of people have said, I will up my exercise for certain treats. Like this moring for example, I wanted a doughnut (first one in years but not my first treat in years) so I worked out A LOT to make up for it. I ate 300 calories of doughnut and burned about 800. Eating without deprivation of "the bad stuff" is tricky. It's a test of discipline, patience, and requires practice.

Best of luck to you!
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options

This quote comes from Kate Moss in her coked out anorexia days, oh wait, she's still like that, but either way yeah.......
  • tzowseefut
    Options
    Sat 10/29/11 08:49 PM
    QUOTE:

QUOTE:

This quote comes from Kate Moss in her coked out anorexia days, oh wait, she's still like that, but either way yeah.......
    Your hot!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Subjective. I would rather eat a day and feel fat, then to give up my favorites (especially around the holidays) to just "feel" thin.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Is this like what would you do for a klondike bar? I like to travel, and hopefully my passport won't expire before I get to my destination.