I could use some advice...

Options
So I'm invited on a wine tour with friends tomorrow (I agreed to this quite a few months ago) and now I'm stressing out because I know how many calories are in wine and it's pretty much an all day event. I don't want to bail on my friends, but I also want to not have wasted money on a wine tour. I'm worried that this may totally throw me off track.In the past these are the kinds of activities where I lose track of what I am drinking/eating and completely over-indulge and then feel like a failure and give up. I'm trying to figure out a plan so that this doesn't happen. I know this shouldn't be this difficut, but if anyone has any advice on how they have handled these types of situations I would really appreciate it!

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    If I know I am going to eat a lot, I usually exercise a lot. I'm sure you can get an estimate of calories on wine so you can still track. And remember, if you go over every once in a while, it is fine. Just as long as you have deficits others days. Just have fun with your friends!
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you're here for the long haul and for a change in life, I woudl say go and enjoy yourself. Are you setting yourself back a bit? Probably. But you're looking to eat healty and add exercise as part of your life, right? Not just for a few months.

Go. Have a good time. And come Monday, get right back into your program; your life change.

Hope you don't let stress ruin a great time with friends!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Will you be walking around the vineyard? That will allow you to burn some calories. When I've gone to wine tours, we didn't really drink much. You do some wine tasting, but it's not like you're drinking a whole bottle (at least we didn't). I say go and have fun with your friends, just don't drink as much.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Proper etiquette is to spit out the wine you're tasting. Don't drink it.

I've never been one for proper etiquette. I enjoy wine too much, but in this case by all means spit it out and consider yourself the DD.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Go and enjoy yourself :)

Try not to worrry, but I know it'll be hard.. but really, for the rest of your life are you going to duck out on anything fun just for the sake of a few extra cals on ONE DAY?
    Don't think like that every day, but once in a while isn't going to hurt?.. is it?
  • sarah1211
    Options
    I always put the things I will eat the next day into the diary. This allows me to know where my extra calories will be. However, this is a lifestyle change... Not a deprivation. Enjoy yourself. Don't opt out on activities to schedule it around your eating. That's not fun and that's not life. Input your food for tomorrow and have a salad instead of a big lunch or dinner and drink the rest of the calories if you choose. Good luck on the planning :)
  • spuleri
    spuleri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! So I've decided I'm going to get up early and try to get to the gym before I meet with the ladies so that I have some extra wiggle room. I've also tried to plan what I'm going to have tomorrow as best as I can.