What are some things you do too stay motivated?

Options
I personally have a wallpaper on my phone of a side by side view of a friend who lost 100 lbs. This reminds me to stay focused everytime I use my phone (which is often :happy: ) what are some things that encourage you or keep you on track?

Replies

• Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror. :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    mfp friends :D
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I stay motivated simply by running. The feeling you get from running is just motivational in itself.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 55 with a 7yo daughter I need to hang around a while and get her grown....So I have to improve and stay healthy...
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    My reflection in the mirrow, old pictures of me when I was 18 (and all my lowest weight), and like someone said, MY MFP friends <3 --> They are the best!! =)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I stay motivated simply by running. The feeling you get from running is just motivational in itself.

An individual after my own heart. Many other runners ask if I get bored, but I honestly don't. Getting out there, hearing the sights and sounds, and seeing the people you pass by just feels right!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I sign up for obstacle running events. It's motivational to not want to suck too badly when you run the race!
    I also started doing the yearly health screening at work so wanting to see my numbers get lower motivates me too.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Before and after pics. The pics before I gained the weight and the pics after I gained the weight.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I look at pictures that I had taken about four months ago (I wanted to cry when I saw them and I don't EVER want to look like that again).

I think about how my mom died at only 41 and how I'm only 9 years from that...and how I want to stick around for my kids.
  • AliMatt27
    Options
    I'm motivated by the difference I see in my body. I have more energy, I'm sleeping better, my mind feels sharper, it's just an all over positive feeling. I also have a workout buddy all of these things keep me going. I look forward to logging my workouts and meals this is a wonderful tool.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I watch the reality shows like I Used to be Fat and Ruby; I have a special mix on my ipod with positive, energizing messages; and feeling stronger after a good workout.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I keep trying new things, new ways of eating, new foods, new exercises, new schedules. I don't like being in a rut.
  • judykritikos
    Options
    When I'm walking (I take two 20-min walks a day) I plug in my iPod - I have recorded books ...or music. Zumba - cuz I love the music. Elliptical at night - turn on a movie or watch a show I recorded. I have a candy bar at my desk - and a piece of paper on it that says "I WOULD LOVE TO EAT THIS, BUT I WANT AND I CHOOSE TO LIVE HEALTHY." - So it reminds me that I ALWAYS have a choice to eat it or not - and WHY I chose not to.
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    a whole lot of things

- some of my classmates by example. i stayed with a classmate for a week, and i saw how healthy they ate and how they made time to work out daily. another classmate would eat a healthy breakfast during class, etc....

- results. i'm doing P90 (power 90) and within a few days, i felt the results physically which encouraged me to keep on going.

- recommendation to improve diet and fitness in order to improve focus (for studying among other things) by people like cal newport, scott young, etc....

really, a combination of things. no one thing can keep me motivated.
  • sarah1211
    Options
    When I'm walking (I take two 20-min walks a day) I plug in my iPod - I have recorded books ...or music. Zumba - cuz I love the music. Elliptical at night - turn on a movie or watch a show I recorded. I have a candy bar at my desk - and a piece of paper on it that says "I WOULD LOVE TO EAT THIS, BUT I WANT AND I CHOOSE TO LIVE HEALTHY." - So it reminds me that I ALWAYS have a choice to eat it or not - and WHY I chose not to.

This is awesome! I may have to do the same thing. Thanks for the idea!!
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I remember the reason why I needed to start losing weight.